Anybody Ever Heard Of This New Team??????

Anybody Ever Heard Of This New Team??????

Postby SU DOG » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

What the heck????? The Birmingham Prep Cardinals located in Hoover AL are now offering scholarships to HS players. Their role seems to be basically the same as a junior college as best I can understand. One of our signees(C J Ackles) had a teammate that actually signed this year with these new Cardinals. Looks like they have a full staff, but links on their website are not very informative, and I wonder just what their status is. Please post if you have any further info, as I am extremely curious about this. Hey, can we do like the big boys and hide players there? :D

http://birminghamprepcardinals.org/staff.php#
SU DOG

Re: Anybody Ever Heard Of This New Team??????

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 am

42 views and no comments or info on this? Maybe not as interesting as I had thought.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:17 am

I don't think we will be taking any players with Birmingham Prep Cardinals on their transcripts.
sudog03

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Pop up prep school. They're growing rapidly. Money to be made from the kids not happy with the level they're being recruited in high school. So they go here a year and most end up back at the original level they were being recruited before they spent a year at random prep school.
Go Bulldogs!!!
Jay

Postby Cujo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm

SU DOG wrote:42 views and no comments or info on this? Maybe not as interesting as I had thought.

The only thing that is interesting about that is that Earl Campbell coaching the offensive line.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:15 pm

I wonder if VMI would stand a chance against these guys.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby big_dog1968 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:32 pm

They do more than provide a place for dissatisfied players to land. If a player doesn't qualify academically they can do a prep year and unlike JUCO it doesn't take away any of their eligibility. Also for a player that came into his own late in his HS career, the extra year of development can help. I'm sure what was said earlier is also true, but lots of players put these schools to good use. My old Sunday school teacher, Ken Stone didn't have the grades to get into a good school, did a prep year and wound up getting into Vandy on a scholarship and then had a decent NFL career. What the new ones are like now, I don't know, but they aren't without their merit.
big_dog1968

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:21 pm

sudog03 wrote:I don't think we will be taking any players with Birmingham Prep Cardinals on their transcripts.

I think you are WRONG ole buddy. We have one coming in NOW! Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Par for the course. I'm an idiot.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:15 am

For any newbie, or anyone else on here for that matter that doesn't know, sudog03 is THE most knowledgeable person about Samford athletics, outside of staff people. that I know of.
SU DOG

Next

Return to The Dog Pound