Dear Martin Newton Letter 2.

Dear Martin Newton Letter 2.

Postby Butkuss » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:42 am

Sir please take your time after the final 4 getting to work. Please make sure Cal's clothes are all pressed and the KY jocks are washed. Take your sweet time. oh BTW at this point I hope your bb team makes it to the finals and loses at the buzzer to VCU or Butler. We also would like for you to take a month off so you can be remove all the Cal -Ky -Nike stink from yourself before getting to Samford. I suggest strong bleach. :P
Butkuss

Re: Dear Martin Newton Letter 2.

Postby sudog03 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:10 am

This ain't Martin newton's fault. Heck, i don't blame him, as this run by UK has netted him about 50k in bonuses. I also understand the honoring the commitment angle as well. The bottom line is, our athletic department will have operated about 6 months without an ad, and that should not have happened. I really don't care to hear about comparisons to a search for a business school dean, even though a marketing professor lecture could possibly draw a bigger crowd than a home mens basketball game. I am a die hard samford fan and proud alum, along with being a financial contributor to the athletic department. I can handle tough losses, and I can handle being in the bottom half of the conference, as long as I feel the commitment is there to improve things. These last 6 months have me really questioning that commitment. Has nothing to do with martin newton, i never even met the guy.
sudog03

Postby Mojo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:04 am

Maybe the search committee should have just pretended to search longer, that way y'all can direct this criticism onto several heads as opposed to our newly hired AD. How can you honestly fault a guy for doing his job? His Samford paying him right now? Cause then maybe we could be mad. Baseball is winning, a lot. Don't need an AD for that. Football is doing their thing in spring practices. Don't need an AD for that. An AD does a lot, but so does all the other staff that is present on campus RIGHT NOW. Relax, he'll be there within a couple of weeks to do his job. What do you want him to do this week that he could very realistically do in a week and half from now?
Mojo

Postby sudog03 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:45 am

I thought I was being clear in not blaming newton. My bottom line is I just feel that if Samford athletics was a big priority to our administration we wouldn't have gone this long without an ad. if your theory is true, why even hire an ad in the first place? There are other things that have transpired that have caused me to question samford's commitment to winning. Having a successful athletic department is more than having good facilities. Samford fans saw exactly two SoCon home win total in football and basketball this year, so sorry if the frustration is boiling over. It's hard to see the glass half full all time. One thing I would think an ad would be integral in working on, would be trying to get some tv coverage for our home opener against ga. So.
sudog03

Postby SU 97 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:02 pm

PLEASE, NOT AGAIN!!! Let it go people, let it go. No one is going to change anyone's mind at this point and each side is firmly entrenched in their respective camps. What's the point of rehashing the same freakin' arguments over and over and over?

Let's focus on the success the spring sports are having and stay excited about the prospects for a new offense in football.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby whoknows » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:05 pm

I say enjoy it while you can. There is plenty of work to do here. Samford is going to be here. The year is over.
whoknows

Postby Smurf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:13 pm

For the love of Dwight Beeson, not this again.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby big_dog1968 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Dear Martin Newton,
Please excuse Butkuss's posts. He is like that crazy uncle that everyone loves, but tries to keep away from new in-laws, pets and open flames. He means no harm to himself or others, but just can't help himself sometimes...he's special!

Signed,

The beleaguered, yet hopeful fans and posters of the Samfordbulldogs.com forum.

PS: Please, if you meet him, say nothing remotely favorable of Alabama, or remotely negative of Auburn unless you wish to become connected to any and all conspiracies involving the REC. Oh, and welcome to Samford!
big_dog1968

Postby Two Rings » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:13 pm

I thought it was Ralph? I am still not convinced that isn't really him encased on the bench in front of the library and centennial walk.
Speaking of that for you old timers, ran into Patrick Edwards O.L. 1989 - 1992 at a travel baseball tournament in Tuscaloosa. Man what great memories were rehashed. :D Didn't realized that David Primus had experienced a near death experience. :shock:
Two Rings

Postby SU 97 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Smurf must have been a business or history major. Too much time in Dwight Beeson Hall.

Two Rings, that statue of Ralph Beeson has always creeped me out a little. Not sure why, just seems weird to me.
SU 97
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Dog Pound