KSU/JSU

KSU/JSU

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 pm

I'll be watching and I'm wondering who I'll be pulling for. Knee jerk reaction is that I'll probably be pulling for KSU. If we aren't playing them, I'd probably enjoy watching them. I will definitely be watching the game Saturday.

I'll say this, I noticed it during the game and I saw it again on the replay, our team played with class and so did KSU. I saw two teams that played with respect for one another--they went toe to toe and I didn't see any of the nonsense that you see in rivalry games. I counted a handful of times Samford players helping KSU players up after plays. We may have lost, but you didn't see the lack of sportsmanship that you witnessed as we were defeating FU.

I still say KSU would be a good addition to the SoCon. Imagine if we brought in JSU and KSU--that would make for some easy road trips and some really good fan attendance. Get rid of UNCG (if you don't play football, then find a conference for pansies and join it). UTC is walking a tight rope in my opinion--get a baseball team and be a real college. It wouldn't hurt for VMI to get a football team too.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: KSU/JSU

Postby dixiechs88 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:25 pm

UNA should have been looked at by socon as well
Just saying
dixiechs88

Postby SU DOG » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 pm

JSU would jump at that chance. KSU, however, reportedly is thinking FBS and rivalry with in-town Georgia State in the future. The SoCon, however, would NEVER approve of either. They might get support from ETSU and UTC, but the small privates would likely unanimously stand firm against them citing non-compatibility and academics. Easy road trips, fan attendance, and other perks would definitely be gained. We do have KSU on future schedules, but JSU would be an even better home and home opponent. JSU is definitely willing, but Samford? Well, to me, that is another sad story.
I've let it be known that, with due respect for those with differing opinions, I'm for playing the Gamecocks. If they beat you, then you know you've got to improve your program. If you beat them, you gain much respect of besting a normally top 5 FCS program. To reach that infamous "next level" you can't be content to continually stand on the same step of the stairway.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Personally, I have no problem playing JSU. Although, I would not be in favor of playing both KSU/JSU in the same season.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:11 pm

https://news.mercer.edu/mu-news/article ... on-Map.jpg

I know we aren't ever inviting JSU (because they would drag the conference gpa down 2 full points). But, look at the hole in this map. I-20 to Kennesaw is a hole. Cut out VMI and UnCG.

Re playing JSU, you either play KSU or JSU, but not both. As weak as the OVC is, we'll get to play JSU in the playoffs if we make it.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Gemofthehills » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Cujo wrote:https://news.mercer.edu/mu-news/articles/2013/images/SoCon-Map.jpg

I know we aren't ever inviting JSU (because they would drag the conference gpa down 2 full points). But, look at the hole in this map. I-20 to Kennesaw is a hole. Cut out VMI and UnCG.

Re playing JSU, you either play KSU or JSU, but not both. As weak as the OVC is, we'll get to play JSU in the playoffs if we make it.

We might talk our professors into grade inflating for our athletes to keep up with the Jones?
Gemofthehills

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 pm

It took you long enough to bite. I've thrown Furman under the bus and taken a couple of shots at JSU and ain't nobody playing along.
Cujo

Postby Butkuss » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:26 am

We should play JSU every year. that just possibly might help SU upgrade their program. Dixie the SoCon leadership didn't have the vision to consider the Lions. That is a decision that will haunt the SoCon forever. It won't take UNA long to start winning. They are recruiting great players right under our nose and we are doing nothing about it. I bet our Gamecock friends would agree with me.
Butkuss

Postby FUBeAR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Cujo wrote:https://news.mercer.edu/mu-news/articles/2013/images/SoCon-Map.jpg

Nice map
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby corn_3024 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:02 pm

SU DOG wrote:JSU would jump at that chance. KSU, however, reportedly is thinking FBS and rivalry with in-town Georgia State in the future. The SoCon, however, would NEVER approve of either. They might get support from ETSU and UTC, but the small privates would likely unanimously stand firm against them citing non-compatibility and academics. Easy road trips, fan attendance, and other perks would definitely be gained. We do have KSU on future schedules, but JSU would be an even better home and home opponent. JSU is definitely willing, but Samford? Well, to me, that is another sad story.
I've let it be known that, with due respect for those with differing opinions, I'm for playing the Gamecocks. If they beat you, then you know you've got to improve your program. If you beat them, you gain much respect of besting a normally top 5 FCS program. To reach that infamous "next level" you can't be content to continually stand on the same step of the stairway.

From everything I've heard we won't even entertain the thought of FBS for the foreseeable future. With a change at AD maybe that changes, but I hope not. I'd like to spend at least 15 years at the FCS level and grow this the right way.
corn_3024

Next

Return to The Dog Pound