KSU Game

Re: KSU Game

Postby AP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Cujo wrote:You are citing your 2010 self and an ambiguous refernece to “like 95%”? Board, let’s keep a close eye on this guy.
Stare decisis, bruh.
AP

Postby bulldawgz1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 pm

77SU wrote:
bulldawgz1 wrote:oh didnt realize it was surgical status ouch, all hope gone

so the self proclaimed best samford team ever will be lucky to win 5 conference games. Scott Padgett was looking like a big time new up and coming young coach, I honestly now believe he might be the worst coach in Division 1

I fail to see how having a player not available because of surgery changes whether the coach is up and coming to "the worst coach in Division 1". HCSP never stated this was the "best samford team ever". That is someone else's designation. Unfortunately the player that was quoted as expecting this to be an exceptional year is the one that was on a surgery table just a week ago. I would say we are all disappointed with the current status and need to adjust our expectations for the year because we are without a valuable player. However, I disagree that we have "the worst coach in Division 1."

There are 350 other D1 Head Coaches. Saying he is the worst is an exaggeration of course. Reggie Theus at Cal State Northridge imo is the clear-cut worst in the sport.

But to write off this debacle non-conf performance as we "need to adjust our expectations for the year because we are without a valuable player", is too easy on Scott. Losing one key player should not render the team so pathetic. There is no positive spin for this performance, there are too many proven effective players on this team to be in this position. Scott has done nothing to mask the team's limitations, and it Scott's fault that there is nothing even close to a "next man up" to replace walker. This has been a colossal failure and there is not much reason to have hope in conference play.

No Scott is not the worst coach in D1, but he has been exposed this year, and we'll see if he does anything about it.
bulldawgz1

Postby SU DOG » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Actually 2 starters and valuable players. I'm not happy with our current status, but will wait for conference games to judge things. I have a question: Could we just RS Walker and Cunningham? There are lots of considerations involved with doing that I know. Academic progress for a Sr, cost to the program's budget, would players agree? If we can't get them back 100% this year, that option seems like one to consider. Am I wrong?
SU DOG

Postby Butkuss » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:34 am

Oh my as Dick Emberg would say. There was only one thing that should be discussed about K State tonight . The Wildcats beat UCLA in what probably is the great Bill Snyder's last game. No one has has been such a gentleman coach since Shug Jordon. God bless Bill Snyder!!
Butkuss

Postby Cujo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Ok, I'll ask. Is Butkuss talking about the same KSU as everyone else in the thread?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby 77SU » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Cujo wrote:Ok, I'll ask. Is Butkuss talking about the same KSU as everyone else in the thread?

Kansas State vs Kennesaw State, minor detail. I didn't realize Snyder was possibly stepping down.
77SU

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound