Championship game

Championship game

Postby Cujo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Did anyone notice that the 1aa championship game was played last weekend. It looked like it was a good game, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm feeling old and set in my ways, but college football should be over on January 1.

Reportedly there is a game tonight.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Championship game

Postby SU 97 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Cujo wrote: Reportedly there is a game tonight.

If you lived in ATL you'd know that whether you cared or not. :? We cancelled school today, reportedly for ice but really for traffic and football. :roll: As much as I want to see UGA win, I'm going to be glad when everyone (including the president) goes home.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby Cujo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

I’m completely indifferent about tonight’s game.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm

On a serious note - I sure wish that Larry Munson could still be with us and calling the game tonight.
On lighter notes there was Butkuss on Facebook this morning decked out in an Auburn Sweatshirt and tie with the caption "All dressed up and no place to go." :lol:
Also, Butkuss quote: Pulling for Alabama just because the school is in this state is like pulling for the Devil just because he is in the Bible. :lol: :lol:
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 pm

Lol. I almost commented on Butkuss fb picture.
Cujo

Postby SU 97 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:14 pm

I am now united with Butkuss in hatred of all things Alabama. ;) I'll never be as vehement in my hatred but that loss hurt last night. I was a Dawg before I was a Bulldog so I've got no love lost for Saban and his crew.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby SU DOG » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Apparently Saban's "CREW" included the zebras. Every officiating crew will miss some calls, but these were so obvious, and in a game this close, might have been the difference. Hard to understand why ALL these missed calls went against Georgia. :?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... li=BBnb7Kz
SU DOG

Postby SU 97 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:15 pm

SU DOG wrote:Apparently Saban's "CREW" included the zebras. Every officiating crew will miss some calls, but these were so obvious, and in a game this close, might have been the difference. Hard to understand why ALL these missed calls went against Georgia. :?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... li=BBnb7Kz

I wasn't going to bring it up but since you mentioned it...I had the thought last night in my despair that I'd heard about AL getting all the calls for YEARS and attributed it to the frustrations of the losing teams. But after watching it happen repeatedly to my own team, I began to wonder about the merits of the complaints. When they miss calls that are so obvious Stevie Wonder could see them, you start scratching your head. And when the national media is still talking about it, you have to wonder. I know the refs missed penalties the GA players committed but did they have the impact the missed calls that favored AL did? I highly doubt it. I said last night and I'll say it again, I'd rather lose by three touchdowns than the way GA lost last night.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby Smurf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 pm

You guys are going to stir Butkuss into a frenzy of darn near erotic euphoria with this kinda talk.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound