New Signees - The DNA Connections

New Signees - The DNA Connections

Postby SU DOG » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 am

Braeden Royal - DL, 6-3, 270. His father Andre Royal was on a NC Team at Bama. He went on to play 5 years in the NFL, before injuries forced his retirement. He went back in 2014 to receive his diploma.

Dorien Gooch - LB, 6-2, 210. His father Jeff Gooch is a ten year NFL veteran who played with the Bucs and Lions.

Ty Hatcher - QB, 5-9, 165 Rated a 2** player. Father was a Harlon Hill Award winner rumored to have Samford connections.

Demarcus Ware II - NOT related to the great Dallas player.

Other tidbits:
Diamond In The Rough - My pick is Carlos Ackles. I think we got an absolute steal here. Kid is 6-2, 190, and that is good height for a DB. He is very strong and won the state of Georgia lifting competition in his division. Reportedly he benches 320 and has a 36" vertical. He was selected as the HS Player of the Week by USA Today for a single game last year where he made 2 interceptions, ran for a TD, passed for a TD, ran a KO back for a TD, and punted for an average of over 50 yards. :o

Highly Touted - Justin Hayes DL, 6-3, 255 had at least 10 D1 offers including Central Florida and Navy.

This won't be a class with scads of 247 Sports stars, but seems to be a good group with good talent.
SU DOG

Re: New Signees - The DNA Connections

Postby DawgFan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm

I have no idea the plans for Ty Hatcher, but, having seen him play quite a few times, he is definitely a great athlete who is easy to imagine becoming a Wes Welker type receiver if moved from QB. Could stick at QB as he has a good arm and QB instincts. Also, might lend a hand to Coach Dunn over on the Diamond. This looks like a very solid class with lots of DL help on its way. GO BULLDOGS!!
DawgFan

Return to The Dog Pound