Ranking The SoCon Signing Classes

Ranking The SoCon Signing Classes

Postby SU DOG » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:05 pm

SU DOG

Re: Ranking The SoCon Signing Classes

Postby Cujo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:33 pm

At least we beat VMI in this guy’s opinion.

Seriously, ranking recruiting at this level is stupid.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 pm

How many stars did Cory White, Karel Hamilton and Jaquaski Tarrt have? How many stars did Michael Pierce have when he went to Tulane, before transferring to Samford? How many stars did TD Marshall have (I know how many he had and you see how that worked out)? The truth is, nobody knows. There are few can’t miss recruits at this level.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Your best example would be Michael Eubank, probably the most highly touted player ever to sign with SU. Obviously at any level there are late bloomers who were not considered great players coming out of HS. If you think, however, that stars mean nothing, then we can agree to disagree. Pierce was highly touted out of Daphne, and rated a 2**. Karel Hamilton was also recognized by 247Sports, though as a 1*. In talking with our coaches, they made it clear to me that players like Tartt and White had the physical abilities, but that the coaching they received here went a LONG way towards their success.

There are few can't miss plyers at any level. However, kids have to do something to get awarded those stars.

Yes, stars don't mean as much at the FCS level. But no, stars don't need to be totally disregarded either. They are not a prophesy, but they are an indication.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 pm

I’m surprised that the coaches would take credit for developing the players. :roll: I honestly thought that the constructive advice we gave on the board helped. ;)

I thought about listing Eubank, but . . . I had beat that dead horse. Dude looked like an NFL’er coming off the bus. I’d give him a 5 star on appearance. But, the slowest delivery in the SoCon, slow decision making and some poor leadership skills did not get considered when they were giving out stars.

If you see 4 or 5 stars, very often you can take notice. 1 or 2 stars and . . . that could just be the competition you played in high school—I’m really interested in what separates a 1 star from a 3 star and I’d like you to tell me, Star man. You have a lot more faith in the losers who run recruiting websites. We can agree to disagree and you can just accept that we had the third worst recruiting class in the SoCon when our coaches, I’ve heard, think we hit it out of the park.

As for me, I’ll take a wait and see. The proof is what translates to the field.
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Agree to disagree on what, now that you have stated that maybe 4-5 stars do mean something. It is amazing how you always twist my posts around to somehow say things my words never did. NOWHERE did I say I even agreed with our low ranking. Also, does anybody think that Sam Shade wasn't really good at developing DBs? Check where he is now. As for me explaining your question on 1 vs 3 stars(since I was so rudely referred as the Star Man) yes, I think I can. Check out the schools that made offers to the 3*** players, and the schools that made offers to the 1* players. Notice any difference? Kinda obvious huh?
I think we have a good class. And how VERY original of you to say that "the proof is what translates to the field" :roll:
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 pm

https://youtu.be/rsE2rExDWQQ

“That weren’t no DJ that was just hazy cosmic jive”, star man.
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 am

50% of all lawyers finished in the bottom half of their class.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Personally, I'm excited about the class we signed, and I'd place good money on them never finishing close to 7th in the league during their careers at SU.
sudog03

Return to The Dog Pound