Went to a basketball game and a track meet broke out

Went to a basketball game and a track meet broke out

Postby Cujo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:36 am

9:38 left and Samford is up 94 to 83. Nolan is impressing me.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Went to a basketball game and a track meet broke out

Postby samfordcircle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:59 am

Fun to watch. This has been a high scoring affair both times this year. Great job rebounding back to get the 5th conference win of the year.
samfordcircle

Postby sudog03 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:46 pm

More than likely an elimination game for us tonight as it relates to our chances of finishing 6th and getting a bye in the league tonight. Win tonight and still in the hunt. A loss and we'd have to have a lot of help. We are 0-7 against Mercer since they joined the league, would be really nice to notch a win against them tonight.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm

For me this season is toast regardless of where we finish (which won't be very high). At this point we are just too beat up and have too many defensive issues to make much of this season. The season started off on the wrong foot before our first game with Arkansas and it's continued with a series of obstacles ever since. I just want to forget about this season and look forward to next year. I feel for the graduating seniors though. This season had the makings of a really nice swan song for them, but that obviously didn't come to pass. Guys like Adams and Thompson have actually raised their game a bit over the course of the last two weeks, which in the midst of a season like this, speaks of their character in the face of adversity.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby AP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I *think* this is right, but I'm pretty sure we've finished in the bottom three of the SoCon in conference-only defensive PPG for at least four consecutive seasons. Other than Bennie's first year, when we were in the top half of the league, we have been in that bottom three spot every year since The Beginning.

There's something wrong either in what we value in recruiting, how we coach the roster, or our structural integrity on defense. But until Scott and his staff get that fixed, we're not going to be a tough out in February and March. I think he'd probably do well to create some space on staff and hire (for lack of a better term) a defensive coordinator.
AP

Postby SU DOG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Mercer is a 5 point favorite, but I think this game is definitely winnable for us.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:14 pm

I didn't see you Saturday night, SUD. Are you going to be there tonight? My schedule has made it tough for me to make many games this year.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm

I had to miss Saturday, and I missed a really fun game. I do plan to be there tonight. In addition to the game I'm on a mission to help 03's kids to have more fun at the games. Thus far I have made some good strides in this area. Cujo, could you do me a favor, since you know how hard I worked with your kids, and give me a good reference to 03?
THANKS
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 am

Done.
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound