Ladies’ basketball defeats _urman

Re: Ladies’ basketball defeats _urman

Postby SU DOG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 pm

sudog03 wrote:Just FYI for those that make light of those who brag about our football program for having 7 straight winning seasons. In the last 7 seasons our WBB has had 2 plus .500 seasons and our MBB 1.

While I usually agree with 03, I think comments that seem to pit one of our sports against another are not edifying, useful, or necessary. I'm sure this was not the intent, and those that bash football unfairly are also damaging. When football wins an outright conference championship, we will all be happier. This has never happened(it has in both the other sports mentioned) since we went FCS. Frankly, I think this should be an expectation for the upcoming season.

A long time ago, basketball and football on this Board were often topics of discussion with lots of bickering and finger pointing at each. I never want to see that happen again.

GO DOGS!!!!! in ALL of our sports.
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Cujo wrote:Surprisingly we advance to the semifinals. Good job ladies. Next up the #1 seed.

I expected SU Dog to do his job and post something about this, but he apparently doesn’t care.

Watched all of it, and the hardest part was seeing Hannah Nichols crying her eyes out.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:49 pm

SU DOG wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Just FYI for those that make light of those who brag about our football program for having 7 straight winning seasons. In the last 7 seasons our WBB has had 2 plus .500 seasons and our MBB 1.

While I usually agree with 03, I think comments that seem to pit one of our sports against another are not edifying, useful, or necessary. I'm sure this was not the intent, and those that bash football unfairly are also damaging. When football wins an outright conference championship, we will all be happier. This has never happened(it has in both the other sports mentioned) since we went FCS. Frankly, I think this should be an expectation for the upcoming season.

A long time ago, basketball and football on this Board were often topics of discussion with lots of bickering and finger pointing at each. I never want to see that happen again.

GO DOGS!!!!! in ALL of our sports.

Correct, my intent was this. We were 7 points away from being 8-0 in the league. But to come on here after a football win, and it's we didn't beat them bad enough, we didn't run it well enough, etc, etc. To come on here after a loss and it's not edifying, useful or necessary either, lol. Winning is hard. In every sport. But we are fully funded scholarship wise in every sport, but program expectations from some seem to vary.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Success breeds more passion and higher expectations. Failure breeds more apathy and lower expectations. No two programs succeed or fail equally.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:28 pm

My real issue with 03 is that his comments have nothing to do with this thread. It was like he was sitting at home pissed off about football criticism and he decided "damn it, I'm not going to take it anymore". I didn't seen any discussion of football in this thread until he brought it up. I haven't seen anyone criticize football in a long time. So I'm left with one conclusion, 03 is either bored and wants to get a discussion going on an otherwise dead board (thanks, Obama) or he is one of those weirdos who flogs himself at night--he hates the pain, but he loves it. Seriously, if he doesn't like criticism of football after a win, how better to not see it than to interject into a thread about the women's basketball team getting to the semi-finals of the conference tournament in basketball. This guy is a glutton for punishment or he's got a serious inferiority complex about football--nothing about this thread threatened football. He's lost all credibility with me on this sacred football theme. Fix the stuff people complain about and then maybe we'll win the 8 or 9th game and people will quit predicting accurately that we'll eventually lose to a start up ETSU one year and UTC's worst team in a decade the next (and I'm still wondering how we do not put a spy on WCU's qb!).

By the way, Samford soccer is the team that sets the standard for Samford athletics.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby AP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Wasn't Mercer like the #25 team in the country?
AP

Postby sudog03 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Lol. Trying to liven up the place a little. Hey, isn't calling a Samford fan a masocist redundant?
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:08 am

LOL Yes it is, my friend, yes it is.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby 77SU » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 am

AP wrote:Wasn't Mercer like the #25 team in the country?

Yes they are.
77SU

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:31 am

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound