The SoCon championship

Re: The SoCon championship

Postby Cujo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:34 pm

In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Two Rings » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Dang Cuj - O - Rama I forgot how you used to wear your hair back in the day living in Crawford - Johnson Hall.
Two Rings

Postby Cujo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:07 pm

What was the name of that guy that looked like George Michaels who played running back. Tommy something. He had like a 1,000 yards his junior year when Jimbo and Shorty arrived and we would be up by 40 at the half. Jimbo and the starters would put in one or two series in the third quarter, the second team would come in and run the clock out and this Tommy fellow would get like 30 carriers. He was a good guy. Just drawing a blank on his last name. The only last name I can pull up right now is the last name of this other guy named Tommy who did not play running back.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:45 am

Could it have been Tommy Rewis?
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 am

I think that might be right!
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Cujo wrote:I think that might be right!

Yup. Now all these O.G. names are rolling around in my head. How about Pat Eddins? Who remembers that guy?
big_dog1968

Postby Two Rings » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm

S.U. Dog you are correct, Tommy was from the Atlanta area. He played the 86 - 87 seasons. I know he tried to hang around for the transition from D - III to I - AA but I don't know if he stuck it out. Was a church music major. Have lost track of him since he left.
Pat Eddins, my indelible and ever lasting memories of Pat are:
1st: in 1985 we were going through a losing streak, wait a minute the entire season was a losing streak, but when we really were on the skids Coach Alsop, Cujo's step dad, called a team mtg. and Pat, who I'm sure regretted doing this, spoke up and stated that maybe part of the reason was that a lot of the players were going through fraternity rush and they were all tired. :shock: Yeah Coach Alsop's blew a gasket.
2nd: 1987 when we had the bench clearing fight against Georgia Southwestern Pat broke the cardinal rule of game time fights, never ever take your helmet off. Well Mr. Eddins came running off of the field with blood streaming down his face and his nose up under his left ear.
Two Rings

Postby Smurf » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Tommy Rewis? SU DOG goes really really deep into the history of SU athletics for that one. That is impressive. I had totally forgotten about him.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Pat Eddins was a good guy and a friend back then. I haven't seen him in decades. Regarding the helmet, he only had to go into the fight without a helmet because Chuck McCall had picked it up on his way into the fray and was using it like a sledge hammer
Cujo

Postby Two Rings » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

I'll never forget Coach Bowden running the game film back and forth showing Chuck, with a helmet in each hand, at mid - field swinging his arms around like rotor blades on a helicopter.
Two Rings

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound