Fitzgerald Article

Re: Fitzgerald Article

Postby Cujo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:33 pm

You couldn't find three kids better suited for Samford than Walker, Chambers and Coleman (in order of announcement of departure). This isn't a Samford cultural thing.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Cujo wrote:Samford Sports and Samford basketball need to give a good explanation for this other than “these kids today, what are you going to do.” There needs to be an honest assessment of the problem from top to bottom.

Due to privacy regulations, not really sure how much an individual S-A's decision to transfer can be discussed publicly. And any statement that is general in nature in regards to this situation is superfluous, IMO. I would hope that a honest assessment, as you mention is being done internally. Our performance in this area has been such that we can't just write off as just a "broken system" or blame the individual kid. I don't expect this issue to go away completely, won't happen today. But, if Samford basketball is ever to progress, we have to do a better job in this area. We cannot continue to lose contributing players at such a high rate and expect the program to improve.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:47 pm

I wasn't expecting an explanation for me. I meant to someone who matters (I don't matter). Of course, to matter you have to care and be willing to do something about the reality of the situation. That might be another issue.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound