Baseball Wins Series

Baseball Wins Series

Postby SU DOG » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm

Beat Furman 4-2, and will play for the sweep today. Freshman Sam Strickland didn't have his best "stuff" yesterday(only my opinion comparing to what I have seen previously), but was effective enough to only allow one earned run in his 5 innings of work. Josh Rich and Wyatt Burns finished up the job and kept FU off the scoreboard. Burns struck out the side in the 9th. When he is at his best, this guy is just about unhittable.
Another Burns, Connor, LHP/OF, made only his 9th plate appearance of the year in the top of the 9th, and sent a 3-2 pitch over the RF wall :o to add an insurance run.

My short stops:
Bullpen - one of the best, if not the best in the SoCon.
Starting Pitching - Pretty good, but somewhat inconsistent. I would like to see Hamp Skinner start some weekend games.
Hitting - If we are to make a run for the championship, this MUST improve drastically. Our power hitters i.e. Edens, Schafer, Mulrine, have not been barreling up the ball the way I expected.
Fielding - Plenty good enough to compete at a high level.
Outlook - Right now the team is playing at a level that would put us in the middle or maybe upper half of the SoCon. There is still time for anything to happen of course. Greensboro and Mercer seem to be the 2 best, which was expected.

GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Re: Baseball Wins Series

Postby hotdiggitydog » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:03 am

Sweep!
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
hotdiggitydog

Postby sudog03 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:49 am

Awesome. Hopefully this can serve as a springboard for our season.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Nice. Very nice.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound