RB Commit

RB Commit

Postby sudog03 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Antwione Sims orginally from Zeprhyhills HS, via the Navy prep school has committed to the Bulldogs and will be eligible immediately. He missed his senior year of HS due to a ACL injury, and I haven't been able to find anything out about his prep season. But, here is some info from his Jr. year of HS:

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Antwione Sims, Jr., Zephyrhills

This 5-foot-11, 196-pound running back may have come up just short in leading Pasco County in rushing, but his 2,224 yards and 25 touchdowns were still mighty impressive on an offense full of go-to backs and averaging 40 points a game. Sims, who is receiving Division I interest from college programs, scored four rushing touchdowns twice in the regular season and had an 11.8 yards per carry average. But Sims proved to be a reliable back that could also catch, with 231 receiving yards and a touchdown.

Here's to hoping he is as productive as our last military prep school transfer...
sudog03

Re: RB Commit

Postby SU DOG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 am

Looks like another Tank Edwards to me.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Tank Edwards may be the greatest running back in Samford history.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Tank Edwards would get my vote. I was kinda tongue-in-cheek with my remark, BUT in watching the videos, it really did remind me of Sukarno(Tank).
I know HUDL highlights are subjective because you don't know what the competition was like, you only see the best and not the total picture of the athlete, etc. Zephyrhills HS, however, has over 1500 students, so I would think the competition would be fairly strong. Sims looks like a man playing against boys - although remember this was before the injury. At any rate, this has to be one of the most impressive RB video highlights ever!
Other opinions welcomed.

First clip "Humble Beginnings"

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3217308/Antwione-Sims
SU DOG

Postby Smurf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Assuming this kid is as good as he looks (SU DOG is wise to throw in the caveats), the real question for me is how much will the staff commit to a more effective ground game. We've had decent if not solid RBs come through the program in the last few years and yet we still find ourselves struggling to establish a ground game, particularly when a situation dictates (WCU game last year, for example). I understand our identity, but I'd like to see this RB talent utilized more effectively.
BOE.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound