Baseball VERY Impressive

Baseball VERY Impressive

Postby SU DOG » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:07 pm

The least number of runs the Mercer Bears had scored in a game all year before yesterday was three. Their offense was ranked nationally as well as In the SoCon. In two games at JLG Field they have scored a total of ONE. :shock: Samford pitching has been phenomenal in winning 11 straight games. IMO, Casey has done a spectacular job of bringing along this very young Bulldog team. Lots of the season left, but right now it looks really good for our Dogs. I hope this can continue and we can get the sweep tomorrow.

GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Re: Baseball VERY Impressive

Postby Cujo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Beyond impressive was the phrase I was going to post. Ask for some SoCon wins and they go crazy. This team is just out there playing and having fun. When you do that, the baseball looks like a beach ball. They are in the zone.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Pitching has been outstanding. Season turned around when dixon was moved back to 2b, putting pinto in CF allowing for more offense in the lineup. I struggle to recall a Samford athlete having such a dominant tFr season as Sam Strickland is having.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm

12 straight. Mercer leaves with 1 run in 3 games. Nothing short of amazing. SU Dog said don’t give up on this team. In all fairness, SU 03 said we’d be lucky to be .500 (“fairness” meaning that when I’m giving prop’s to SU Dog, I have to give SU 03 a hard time).

This week we have Alabama on the road and then 1st place UNCG on the road. Big week for the Bulldogs.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Lol. Not sure I've seen a Samford team turnaround a season like this. That series against ETSU was hard to watch.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am

And another one bites the dust.

The Dogs shut out the Tide in Tuscaloosa.

I am not sure I have every known any Samford team to put together a streak like this and to do so against some quality teams to boot.
BOE
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound