Beat FSU

Re: Beat FSU

Postby Cujo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 am

LOL. AP shoots, he scores!!!
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Then there is UNCG who, IMO would not have represented the SoCon very well. I think the improvement over the course of a season is an important factor. Basketball and baseball are tournament sports, and sure, a team can screw up and lose like Tenn Tech did. The thing here is that if your regular season is good enough, like TTU, you can still be rewarded with a post season selection.

Casey had only ONE senior in the starting position rotation. The way he brought this young group along had to be a superb coaching job iMO. Yes we lose some good arms, but why not mention returning talent like Strickland, Rude, Jones, Skinner, and others. Not to mention the hope that McCord(Miss State xfer), can recover to his heralded form before his injuries. Casey has also signed one of the most highly touted jucos out there.

I have high expectations for the returning young talent. Seems to me that we have recruited really well. I am aligning with cujo in this thread. :o
I can see no reason for any negativity at all towards what was accomplished this season.
GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Didn't mean to be negative, thought I mentioned the job he's done. Thought ultimate goal for folks around here for our sports was a conference championship. And just for me, a regular season championship is the more difficult to accomplish.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

sudog03 wrote:Didn't mean to be negative, thought I mentioned the job he's done. Thought ultimate goal for folks around here for our sports was a conference championship. And just for me, a regular season championship is the more difficult to accomplish.

Understand, and NO problem, but I think we can also celebrate a SoCon Tourney Championship, which actually holds more weight(views on this can be different). Certainly I wouldn't want to swap outcomes with UNCG.

Anyhow, it is on to football now, and we sure all want a regular season unshared championship there for our first time. This is another sport in which I think our coaches have recruited really well, and I am excited about the upcoming season.

GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:35 pm

I think we have a lot to be excited about overall. We are close to winning the overall sports award in both men's and women's socon sports (2nd in both). If the sports we have already competing at a high level (say top 3 in conference) maintain that competitiveness, then are joined by just a few of our sports that had disappointing seasons, we can win the overall sports awards for both genders. Man, that would be outstanding.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Perhaps I am being greedy. Football and particularly baseball gave us something really nice to chew on, but I long for the moment that at SU team ratchets it up to an entirely new level. Karisa Nelson certainly gave us that moment at the individual level, but as far team sports, we've only experienced that once in my 30+ years of being around SU sports and that would have been the 1991 football team. I think that is the next challenge for football and even baseball. Take success and raise it to the next level. Make it to the national semis in football or make it to the super regionals in baseball.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:03 pm

What happened to Karisa Nelson this spring? I do not recall seeing her competing in the spring track season.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Broke her foot in practicing.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Tray Oates will compete tomorrow as one of 24 finalists for the pole vault NC. Keeping my fingers crossed, I think he has a real chance at winning it.
sudog03

Postby AP » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:27 pm

03 knows the pole as well as anyone.
AP

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound