Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 am

SU DOG wrote:I certainly watched that game and, you know it's just like a favorite movie that you never get tired of. I continue to enjoy that video. Here for everyone's viewing pleasure, and that includes you FUB, I present one of my favorite links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URnEG8BW-bk&t=6178s
That’s not fair. You must have edited out all of Mercer’s good Offensive plays from that video.

Speaking of watching the games; truth be told, I left the stadium with 10:38 remaining in the 4th quarter. I NEVER leave early, regardless of the score, but I just could not watch another series of Mercer’s Offense that day. I have seen more Offensive continuity in “10 & under” youth league games. Here’s a video of me in the parking lot after I left: https://youtube.com/watch?v=-DK0aaLNGak
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
Image
User avatar
FUBeAR
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby sudog03 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Went over there without 3 of our top 6-7 guys. Beat down. Love it.
sudog03
 
Posts: 3186
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:07 pm

sudog03 wrote:Beat down.


Yep - Quite a “beat down” - that high-powered Bullpup Offense rang up a whole 2 TD’s; one of which should have been an INT if the Bears’ DB on the play wasn’t AKA ”manos de piedra.”

Just an unmitigated, unparalleled disaster of a day on Offense for Mercer - a dumpster fire in a dirty alley with an open sewer. A good Samford Defense sprayed some gasoline on it, but internal combustion/arson was ruled the official cause of death.

If you define that as a ”beat down”...have at it.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
Image
User avatar
FUBeAR
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:47 pm

Beat Down, must be like beauty - in the eye of the beholder. Consider a few game facts, however.

First Downs: SAM - 25 Mer - 12
Rushing Yards: SAM - 98 Mer - 33
Passing Yards: SAM - 367 Mer - 158
Total Offense: SAM - 465 Mer - 191

Hmmm. If it looks like a duck. quacks like a duck, and waddles like a duck, then it must be a duck. If these stats don't add up to a beat down to anyone, then that individual's sight is hampered by ORANGE JUICE on his glasses. :lol:
SU DOG
 
Posts: 6275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm

SU DOG wrote:Beat Down, must be like beauty - in the eye of the beholder. Consider a few game facts, however.

First Downs: SAM - 25 Mer - 12
Rushing Yards: SAM - 98 Mer - 33
Passing Yards: SAM - 367 Mer - 158
Total Offense: SAM - 465 Mer - 191

Hmmm. If it looks like a duck. quacks like a duck, and waddles like a duck, then it must be a duck. If these stats don't add up to a beat down to anyone, then that individual's sight is hampered by ORANGE JUICE on his glasses. :lol:
LOL - when 1 Team’s Offense performs as if the 1st time they’ve ever even met each other is during the pre-game warmups, the virtually meaningless stats you’ve cited will always be one-sided.

Here’s a meaningful stat...
Samford’s Offense = 16 points
Mercer’s Offense = 7 points (4 of which rang up on the bullpup’s ledger)

Call that a “beat down” if it makes you feel all big & tough, I don’t care. I saw the game (well, 49 minutes & 22 seconds of it), and know what was going on that week/gameday. PoopShow...never to be repeated...hopefully.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
Image
User avatar
FUBeAR
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby sudog03 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Our defense gave up a total of 5 TDs in the last 4 conference games. Pretty sure we had a little something to do with Mercer offense performance.
sudog03
 
Posts: 3186
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:15 pm

sudog03 wrote:Our defense gave up a total of 5 TDs in the last 4 conference games. Pretty sure we had a little something to do with Mercer offense performance.
Yes, as previously noted. Did everything they needed to do & then some.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
Image
User avatar
FUBeAR
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby Cujo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I hope y'all appreciate Mercer being in the conference and fans like FUBeAR. It is rare that we have had a good rivalry with other schools in our conference, let alone with fans who smack talk with us in June. Without our hate for Mercer and our fondness for FUBeAR and he for us, there would be no football talk in June.

That Paladin guy talking football is pretty cool too, but he's nice and there is no smackitude yet.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo
 
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

Postby paladinfan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Cujo wrote:I hope y'all appreciate Mercer being in the conference and fans like FUBeAR. It is rare that we have had a good rivalry with other schools in our conference, let alone with fans who smack talk with us in June. Without our hate for Mercer and our fondness for FUBeAR and he for us, there would be no football talk in June.

That Paladin guy talking football is pretty cool too, but he's nice and there is no smackitude yet.


Watching SoCon football has a way of humbling just about everyone. You are never as good as you assume you are or as bad as you think you might be.

Except VMI. I am pretty well convinced they will be awful.
paladinfan
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound

  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron