Missouri State hires another one of our coaches

Missouri State hires another one of our coaches

Postby 77SU » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 pm

This time they hired Jessica Jackson from WBB. Jackson was a former player and graduate assistant under the MSU HC.

http://missouristatebears.com/news/2018/6/8/womens-basketball-jessica-jackson-joins-lady-bears-coaching-staff.aspx
77SU

Re: Missouri State hires another one of our coaches

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:11 pm

What the article doesn't mention is that her dad played for Samford and led the team in assists for the 75-76 season.
SU DOG

Postby 77SU » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:31 pm

SU DOG wrote:What the article doesn't mention is that her dad played for Samford and led the team in assists for the 75-76 season.

I can say I was able to watch him from the lower stands near the windows in Seibert for almost all of the games that year as part of the pep band. We had one game at Municipal Auditorium that year. We also went 3-23. It was Fred Crowell’s first year as HC. So much for the good old days.
77SU

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Oh My Gosh 77, now there is a name - Fred Crowell, that I haven't thought of in years. Before his hiring as our HC, I think his resume' consisted of coaching a group of traveling ex-collegiate Christian players to play and give their testimonies. I'm not thinking it was the Athletes In Action group, but I don't know. Fred was a good Christian person who loved basketball, but was definitely in over his head as our HC. I'm not sure that Fred was ever a HC at any college before or afterwards. He has continued to work with camps and leagues, especially in the state of Washington, instructional videos, and authored an inspirational book, 'Meet My Head Coach' which is still available on Amazon. His Northwest Basketball Camps(NBC) are in several states and have been popular. Info partly from a simple Google search because of my curiosity.

His tenure here was shortly after Samford made the lunatic decision to drop football and be "Big Time" in basketball. :lol:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fr ... &FORM=VIRE
SU DOG

Postby Smurf » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:52 pm

BOE has its origins in the 70s then.
BOE.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound