Samford Season Game Predictions by Massey

Samford Season Game Predictions by Massey

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:13 pm

They think highly of us, but do show some tough close losses:

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6987&s=300937
SU DOG

Re: Samford Season Game Predictions by Massey

Postby Smurf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:43 pm

That looks very realistic to me. The Kennesaw State game is deceptively big for us I think. KSU is a legitimate FCS contender now and a win over those guys would, assuming a reasonable outcome to the other games on our schedule, go a long way toward us being positioned for a first round bye. Then again with the propensity that this program has lately for laying eggs against inferior opponents, we can make some serious headway toward a bye by not screwing the pooch against UTC and ETSU.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 pm

They have us more highly ranked than Furman, but closely losing that game. I guess it being up there makes the difference.
SU DOG

Postby FUBeAR » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Y’all BETTER beat Kennesaw. After losing at home to Mercer, people will think the bloom is off the rose, but then by beating a highly ranked KSU Team at their house, after they’ve beaten an FBS (sorta) Georgia State Team, Samford will recover in the rankings and pull an undefeated (or maybe 1 FBS-loss (Memphis)) Mercer Team up with you. Then, that later loss to an undefeated (or maybe 1 FBS-loss (Clemson)) Furman won’t hurt you too bad & all 3 of ‘us’ make the Playoffs along with Chatt or WCU or CIT or Woffy.

Got it?

Ready, BREAK!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Smurf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 pm

KSU is legit. They earned my respect on the first game of the season and really earned it on the last game of the season. They present real problems.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:29 pm

FUBeAR wrote:Y’all BETTER beat Kennesaw. After losing at home to Mercer, people will think the bloom is off the rose, but then by beating a highly ranked KSU Team at their house, after they’ve beaten an FBS (sorta) Georgia State Team, Samford will recover in the rankings and pull an undefeated (or maybe 1 FBS-loss (Memphis)) Mercer Team up with you. Then, that later loss to an undefeated (or maybe 1 FBS-loss (Clemson)) Furman won’t hurt you too bad & all 3 of ‘us’ make the Playoffs along with Chatt or WCU or CIT or Woffy.

Got it?

Ready, BREAK!

:|
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 pm

I see lots of problems with FUB's fantasy.

Mercer beating Samford at Seibert? :lol: NO WAY!
SAMFORD pulling up Mercer with us? Pull your own selves up gummy bears.
4 teams from the SoCon get in? Yeah right!
Even hinting that Furman has a snowball's chance against Clemson - Delusional often?

Here's the thing: FUB needs to break his allegiance and infatuation with Bobby Lamb, realize that his DNA is no longer at Mercer, admit that Furman backslid from their mission(1992), and proclaim his newly adopted team is the Samford University Bulldogs.

IOW, FUB needs to "come out" because we all know he loves to visit here, came to a game at Seibert last year, and is a "pocket" Samford fan. ;)
SU DOG

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:57 am

SU DOG wrote:I see lots of problems with FUB's fantasy.

Mercer beating Samford at Seibert? :lol: NO WAY!
SAMFORD pulling up Mercer with us? Pull your own selves up gummy bears.
4 teams from the SoCon get in? Yeah right!
Even hinting that Furman has a snowball's chance against Clemson - Delusional often?

Here's the thing: FUB needs to break his allegiance and infatuation with Bobby Lamb, realize that his DNA is no longer at Mercer, admit that Furman backslid from their mission(1992), and proclaim his newly adopted team is the Samford University Bulldogs.

IOW, FUB needs to "come out" because we all know he loves to visit here, came to a game at Seibert last year, and is a "pocket" Samford fan. ;)

So many things wrong with this, I don’t know where to start. How ‘bout the easiest one.

My DNA is still at Mercer getting his Masters in Sotftware Engineering (becoming a DoubleBear, as they say) & is also employed at the Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC). So...there’s that.

Mercer has been a lot closer (about 2” close in 2016 & an onside kick recovery away in 2014) to beating Samford in Homewood than they have been in Maconga. Bears are DUE in Alabama.

Coach Lamb is a former Teammate. Thus, my “Ride or Die,” I think the youngsters say. A “bond that will never be broken” for us old folks.

Rankings are akin to a relational database. Sammy is highly ranked, as is KSU. Ipso Facto, the wins that FUBeAR has ordained will have the desired result...if y’all can hold up your end and beat the BarnBirds.

How many Teams from the SoCon made the Playoffs in 2016? Has the SoCon gotten better or worse since then? If you answer the 1st question correctly & the 2nd one honestly, you can easily project 4 SoCon Teams in the Playoffs in 2018. Ignore last year’s anomaly of ONLY 3. Chatt, WCU, and Mercer pooped their beds. They won’t this year. CIT & Woffy may...or they could be right there in the mix.

Coach Hendrix & I EXPECT Furman to beat Clemson. Due to NCAA rules, he cannot bet on the game. So, only as a show of solidarity with another of my “Ride or Dies,” I won’t be placing a wager on that game either.

I was in Philly in 1992 and not paying attention. Did FU make a bad Coaching hire that year or something?

I will admit y’all are fun & cujo is, occasionally, funny, as are Dixie & SamfordCircle/YouCanBankIt...for completely different reasons. So, I do like hangin’ ‘round as long as you will let me (Coach David A. Coe said somethin’ similar one time, didn’t he?).

Perfectly happy to see Sammy win all but 3 in 2018. 2 SoCon games & in the Playoffs/Nat’l Championship Game vs. 1 of the 2 Team’s they lost to earlier in the season...unless SoCon Standing/Playoff implications dictate otherwise.

So...other than those times...GO SamDot!!!!!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:25 am

LOL! Actually nice response. I do hope that the SoCon gets 4 in, but probably won't happen. To clarify a few points:

1. Glad you have the connection with Coach Hendrix - that will definitely save you some $$$$
2. Furman, in 1992 broke all ties with the Baptists, thereby I said backsliders.
3. 'You Never Even Called Me By My Name' David Allan Coe.
4. Bears will STILL be due in Alabama, but the question is - are you coming to this game?
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound