...UPDATED 8/9/19...

57 NICK NIXON
POSITION: OL
HEIGHT: 6-6
WEIGHT: 275
CLASS: Junior
HOMETOWN: Hendersonville, Tenn.
HIGH SCHOOL: Pope John Paul II HS

...LIVE LOOK-IN AT THE SAMFORD FOOTBALL STRENGTH & ‘CONDITIONING’ CENTER...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Re: 57 Days Before Game Day

Postby Smurf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:31 pm

I can't hear the name Nick Nixon now without thinking of that hideous decision to throw some sort of screen pass to him on fourth and seven last year. Nothing against Nixon at all, of course, but that call was about on par with bringing SU DOG in at wideout on fourth and long and asking him to blow by the corner on a go route.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Smurf wrote:I can't hear the name Nick Nixon now without thinking of that hideous decision to throw some sort of screen pass to him on fourth and seven last year. Nothing against Nixon at all, of course, but that call was about on par with bringing SU DOG in at wideout on fourth and long and asking him to blow by the corner on a go route.

I am completely appalled and offended by that remark smurf. :evil: Not to get personal, but when I last saw you 2 years ago at a Samford Game I could have given you a head-start of 10 yards, run backwards, and still have taken you in the 40, and you know that is TRUE.

Now in this case, IF I was sent in for that play with fresh legs, Hodges would have dropped it right into my outstretched arms, and either I would be doing my rhythmic happy dance in the end-zone, or the hapless DB would have grabbed me in a desperation lunge for pass interference. Granted if this was a 4th quarter scenario where I had played the whole game, I would have possibly been better on the slant route, if we are speaking of me being in there at my current age. YOU SEE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm

It may be that Nixon did grow a couple of inches, but my bigger question is HOW did 3 players get shorter over the course of a year? Alfred Brown, Nate Lee, and Brett Granger all shrunk in height. :shock:
SU DOG

Postby Smurf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm

SU DOG wrote:
Smurf wrote:I can't hear the name Nick Nixon now without thinking of that hideous decision to throw some sort of screen pass to him on fourth and seven last year. Nothing against Nixon at all, of course, but that call was about on par with bringing SU DOG in at wideout on fourth and long and asking him to blow by the corner on a go route.

I am completely appalled and offended by that remark smurf. :evil: Not to get personal, but when I last saw you 2 years ago at a Samford Game I could have given you a head-start of 10 yards, run backwards, and still have taken you in the 40, and you know that is TRUE.

This is partially true. The last time you saw me I could have beaten you in a sprint. However, the time before that, I must admit that you are correct; you would have won easily. The rubber match takes place this fall.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby FUBeAR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 pm

SU DOG wrote:It may be that Nixon did grow a couple of inches, but my bigger question is HOW did 3 players get shorter over the course of a year? Alfred Brown, Nate Lee, and Brett Granger all shrunk in height. :shock:

An inch +/- variation on a re-measure is not unusual

A 2” increase to a height never seen before, among frequent citations, for a (probably) 21 year old man, who is an OT that, most likely, will be in contention for National recognition, that will be determined by peeps that will watch the same amount of Samford Football as they will American Samoan Curling, and whose ‘votes,’ unfortunately, will be heavily influenced by HT/WT metrics..seems much more likely to be a ‘marketing ploy.’

On the one hand, I don’t blame y’all. FUBeAR would probably do the same thing. He’s been known, on occasion, to ‘shade’ statistics & metrics a wee bit to tell a desired tale.

On the other hand, with all of the crowing done by a few Samford Fans about the Bulldogs’ unbelievably (yep) GI-NORMOUS O-Line, it just had to be called out.

Plus...an opportunity to use an apt Addams Family pic in a Message Board post should never be passed up.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Saying that, on occasion, FUBeAR has been known to shade statistics & metrics a WEE BIT, is like saying an alcoholic, on occasion, has been known to take a wee bit of a drink.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound