Tony Iurelli

Tony Iurelli

Postby SU DOG » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Tony joined this Board just before our newest member(Brian). He was named as the new HC at Limestone College on Feb 10 of this year. The Saints are in the SAC with teams such as Mars Hill and Carson Newman. They have a really nice stadium that seats 8,250. Their OOC games this year include Gardner Webb, West GA, and West AL.

The school is located in Gaffney S.C. and the enrollment is 3,300. They are listed as a non-denominational Christian school. Their most famous alumnus is probably HOF Baseball great Gaylord Perry.

Many of you probably remember Tony, from his time at Samford, as I certainly do. I'm sure he is extremely excited to land his first HC job at this level. I wish him GOOD LUCK this season.
SU DOG

Re: Tony Iurelli

Postby Two Rings » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Congrat Coach, was privileged to work with him for 2 yrs. as a G.A. Within that 2 yrs. I was led to meet a young lady who, after 25 yrs., is still my wife, found a profession and was privileged to be associated with one of the best if not the best 2 yr. stretch of Samford Football. So he joined the board huh?Hey coach remember recruiting season, Spring Semester, 1992? Coach Ierulli was recruiting coordinator, think about those boatloads of talent brought in? That would be the weekend we got the flash snow storm on Saturday and we, as a staff, were all scrambling to figure how to get the recruits and their family's back to the Mountain Brook Inn. Terry tossed me his keys and said, " you drive." :shock: Coach Bowden sat in the front seat turned around facing backwards talking to the recruit, don't remember who the recruit was, didn't matter I thought we all were going to die. To call it "white knuckle driving" would be an understatement. I can't believe I didn't bend that steering wheel over forward. And all Coach Bowden could keep asking was, "can't you drive any faster?"
Two Rings

Return to The Dog Pound