Cuts at UAB Athletics

Cuts at UAB Athletics

Postby 77SU » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/07/amid_less_cusa_revenue_uab_for.html

I had read about UAB Athletics having funding problems, but didn’t realize it affected one of our own.
77SU

Re: Cuts at UAB Athletics

Postby Smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Shame on UAB for this. You post, interview, and hire, and then two days before Schrieber is set to show up for his new job, UAB pulls the plug and does so just hours after he could have rescinded his resignation at SU. This is poor...very poor.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby FUBeAR » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Smurf wrote:Shame on UAB for this. You post, interview, and hire, and then two days before Schrieber is set to show up for his new job, UAB pulls the plug and does so just hours after he could have rescinded his resignation at SU. This is poor...very poor.

Yep - needs to hire an employment law attorney, poor.

There has to have been some misrepresentation / negligence / breach of promise issues involved with this. Even in a right-to-work State, as I would imagine AL is, somebody, somewhere in this was not being straight with him. I know a good law firm in Montgomery - principal is a Cumberland Law School Grad & a Former All-SoCon / All-American OLman. Teammate / Roommate of FUBeAR’s. He might be interested in this case considering the Athletics angle. If someone wants to pass that along to Mr. Schreiber, PM me & I’ll provide the contact details if he wants ‘em.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby SU DOG » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Unbelievable - Smurf is right. Zac always seemed like a nice guy. I wonder if his position has been filled at SU? I assume by the statement that that is the case. This UAB blunder stinks!!! :evil:
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Remember how we got Pat Sullivan? It’s what UAB does.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Yep...it's not the first time UAB has shown a lack of integrity when it comes to hiring decisions.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby samfordcircle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Reflective of the state of leadership at the helm. Lack of vision for growth. Anyone can lay people off, it takes leadership to grow an organization. This will continue to plaque the university's ability to hire talent, few want to work for such short sighted leadership. Bad, Bad moves.
samfordcircle

Postby Smurf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:50 pm

UAB AD Mark Ingram was quoted in the original article about "doing things the right way". Exactly what is the right way? Under what guiding principles or values does UAB actually operate? They can persuade the Birmingham city council to plunder $90 million from taxpayers pockets to build a 55,000 seat football stadium (that was somehow heralded as being absolutely essential for a program that has historically drawn only about 10,000 per game) and they can cut someone off at the 11th hour by going back on their word and leaving a man with two children unemployed.

Maybe for UAB the right way is the self serving way.
BOE.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound