Mercer Basketball Just Got Better

Mercer Basketball Just Got Better

Postby AP » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:02 pm

AP

Re: Mercer Basketball Just Got Better

Postby Cujo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Ok
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU 97 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Not to sound like Butkuss but why do we care about basketball, especially Mercer basketball, the day before football season starts? Did I miss a Samford connection to this guy?
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby AP » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Five reasons enough? First, Phil Pearson was a candidate for the SU head coaching job (twice) while he was the #1 assistant at UGA. Second, a couple of us know him personally. Third, he recruits Alabama very well, and has a ton of HS coach contacts who will help him find players over here in our back yard. Fourth, we play Mercer twice a year. Finally, I try to keep up with what's happening in the SoCon (though I don't do it as well as I used to).

Even if those five reasons aren't enough, I was unaware we had finally decided the board can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm happy to do a thread about cartoon videos that make Cujo feel even older than he is, or go back and talk about how many penalties Jax St committed during its game against NC A&T in Montgomery. Or we could discuss whether South Alabama is going to get a new stadium down in Mobile? Maybe we could discuss athletic department hashtags or whether the football team gets enough Nike polo shirts and track suits? Five-part deep-dive into whether Tyler Queen is more properly listed in the media guide as a long snapper or an athlete?
AP

Postby Cujo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:48 pm

I would vote for more cartoons.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby AP » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Cujo wrote:I would vote for more cartoons.
Here's my concept: Because the Buck Buchanan Award skews to a demographic of voters who are slightly older than the Payton Award voters--primarily Boomers and Silent Generation members--we do a cartoon with Ahmad Gooden called "Steamboat Ahmad." Only, because of the problematic stuff on the soundtrack we'll replace the original with "All Right Now" by Free and some other Boomer-tonic earworms. Thoughts?
AP

Postby Smurf » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:27 pm

It sounds like AP got a hold of some really bad Alabama ditch weed.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU 97 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 pm

AP wrote:Five reasons enough? First, Phil Pearson was a candidate for the SU head coaching job (twice) while he was the #1 assistant at UGA. Second, a couple of us know him personally. Third, he recruits Alabama very well, and has a ton of HS coach contacts who will help him find players over here in our back yard. Fourth, we play Mercer twice a year. Finally, I try to keep up with what's happening in the SoCon (though I don't do it as well as I used to).

Even if those five reasons aren't enough, I was unaware we had finally decided the board can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm happy to do a thread about cartoon videos that make Cujo feel even older than he is, or go back and talk about how many penalties Jax St committed during its game against NC A&T in Montgomery. Or we could discuss whether South Alabama is going to get a new stadium down in Mobile? Maybe we could discuss athletic department hashtags or whether the football team gets enough Nike polo shirts and track suits? Five-part deep-dive into whether Tyler Queen is more properly listed in the media guide as a long snapper or an athlete?

You gave more than enough reasons and there is a connection. I didn't recognize his name and wasn't sure. I more curious because of timing. I'm always up for non-SU related things on the board, it was simply a timing issue. No need to go off on anyone. :?
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby SU DOG » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm going to check and see if AP is Pearson's agent. :D
SU DOG

Postby AP » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:42 pm

SU DOG wrote:I'm going to check and see if AP is Pearson's agent. :D
I wish. We could use those Mercer dollaz to fund Seibert upgrades!
SU 97 wrote:I'm always up for non-SU related things on the board, it was simply a timing issue. No need to go off on anyone. :?
Sorry about the tone. I Powell Doctrined the answer because the only way to deal with Teh Cooj is disproportionate and overwhelming force.
AP

Next

Return to The Dog Pound