Mike Hogwood Has Died

Mike Hogwood Has Died

Postby SU DOG » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Yesterday morning in his sleep. Mike was in Birmingham years ago and was on Channel 6 Sports. He later became kinda the voice of the ACC and was on many telecasts of their games. Our own Monty Hogwood is a cousin, and if you have ever seen Mike, you could see the strong family resemblance. I never met Mike, but from everything I have read and heard about him, he was a wonderful person of unwavering faith. Monty and Mike were pretty close, so I have called and expressed my condolences to Monty this morning.

RIP: Mike Hogwood
SU DOG

Re: Mike Hogwood Has Died

Postby SU 97 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 pm

I just saw the last name at first and nearly had a heart attack! Monty is one of my favorite SU people. Sad day for the Hogwood family. My condolences.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby Smurf » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 pm

I don't remember him at Channel 6. Maybe it was after I left Birmingham or I simply forgot that he was there. Living in ACC country, I saw a lot of Mike Hogwood on TV here. I always thought he was an excellent play-by-play guy.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby High Plains Drifter » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:57 am

I don't know about you guys but this stinks. Father Time can kiss my rump! I guess when you're bearing down on 60, a whole lot more of the names you grew up with are going to pass on and the last few years have been a tidal wave. I don't like it. Rest in peace Mike.
High Plains Drifter

Return to The Dog Pound