Its Game Day!

Re: Its Game Day!

Postby samfordcircle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:37 pm

sudog03 wrote:Lol.

Here's my reasoning. While I didn't expect our passing total to be over 250, I just didn't think we could block well enough to give our routes time to develop. Boy was I wrong, the pass blocking was fantastic. You give Devlin and our skill guys time at your own peril. But, the biggest reason for my excitement was the play of our defense. I never expected this group to be this far along at this point of the season. Before the last two FSU drives, when the depth factor caught up and Ahmad was ejected, we were allowing 5.11 yards per play, which was better than VT's defense performed against FSU (allowed 5.19 yards per play). Our defense will continue to improve as the season progresses, that's what is so encouraging, we are already pretty good. We played with our hair on fire.

I agree 03. This team can contend this year barring any unforeseen set backs. The numbers don't lie. Two FSU players we know that played Saturday said they were lucky to win it. That Samford out played and out gained them all night. They said they dialed up everything against us to get pressure, but couldn't quiet do enough to break through like they did against VT.. That is a tribute to this Offensive line and game preparation from the coaching staff. They said, hats off to this team. Surprised by the size and speed on both sides of the ball. This offense is special, and this defense is fast.

I am sure the politics and powers to be will attempt some way to slow the rise. Just watch. When they do, I hope we back our players and protect a special year waiting to happen. Probably scares some of the establishment, but Samford is Rising. The sky is the limit for us this year. I don't understand why folks are afraid to get behind them and boost their possibilities. These players are not afraid of any challenge as we all witnessed Saturday. Every other team is gunning for us anyway, once predicted for us to win the SoCon. A few of us on the forum wont change that or increase it by stating the possibilities. I think the team really accelerates to another level when our fans and folks boost them versus all the nay saying. This team picked up fans Saturday nationally that will continue to follow them this year. Anyone who watched that game saw the potential.

FSU will be FSU by year end. They just hit two really good opponents back to back and they still found a way to win last Saturday. Hats off to them. Proud of our Bulldogs. More great things to come.

I hope our University leadership understands what a platform they have in this football program and boost it as much as possible. Take advantage of the timing and blessings that are flowing. A note to the booster club, go after that financial donations this year. Folks in Birmingham and the southeast will want to be a part of this teams record breaking year.
samfordcircle

Postby Cujo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Get this man a 12 pack of beer, some hydrocodone and a couple of Mercer coeds--he's ready to party!
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby samfordcircle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Cujo wrote:Get this man a 12 pack of beer, some hydrocodone and a couple of Mercer coeds--he's ready to party!

lol....Just donate that money to booster club instead.
samfordcircle

Postby dixiechs88 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:46 pm

the no call on pick 6 was nothing compared to the no call on BLATANT pass interference on our 3 and 10 play. that would have kept drive alive and very possibly ended at minimal 3 pts.......and i was told even the ACC announcers on acc network were incensed that it wasnt called
and that could have changed not only Ahmad but the pick 6..cos we would have been 2 scores up....(not down and having to play a little desperate)
just sayin
dixiechs88

Postby FUBeAR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:28 pm

samfordcircle wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Lol.

Here's my reasoning. While I didn't expect our passing total to be over 250, I just didn't think we could block well enough to give our routes time to develop. Boy was I wrong, the pass blocking was fantastic. You give Devlin and our skill guys time at your own peril. But, the biggest reason for my excitement was the play of our defense. I never expected this group to be this far along at this point of the season. Before the last two FSU drives, when the depth factor caught up and Ahmad was ejected, we were allowing 5.11 yards per play, which was better than VT's defense performed against FSU (allowed 5.19 yards per play). Our defense will continue to improve as the season progresses, that's what is so encouraging, we are already pretty good. We played with our hair on fire.

I agree 03. This team can contend this year barring any unforeseen set backs. The numbers don't lie. Two FSU players we know that played Saturday said they were lucky to win it. That Samford out played and out gained them all night. They said they dialed up everything against us to get pressure, but couldn't quiet do enough to break through like they did against VT.. That is a tribute to this Offensive line and game preparation from the coaching staff. They said, hats off to this team. Surprised by the size and speed on both sides of the ball. This offense is special, and this defense is fast.

I am sure the politics and powers to be will attempt some way to slow the rise. Just watch. When they do, I hope we back our players and protect a special year waiting to happen. Probably scares some of the establishment, but Samford is Rising. The sky is the limit for us this year. I don't understand why folks are afraid to get behind them and boost their possibilities. These players are not afraid of any challenge as we all witnessed Saturday. Every other team is gunning for us anyway, once predicted for us to win the SoCon. A few of us on the forum wont change that or increase it by stating the possibilities. I think the team really accelerates to another level when our fans and folks boost them versus all the nay saying. This team picked up fans Saturday nationally that will continue to follow them this year. Anyone who watched that game saw the potential.

FSU will be FSU by year end. They just hit two really good opponents back to back and they still found a way to win last Saturday. Hats off to them. Proud of our Bulldogs. More great things to come.

I hope our University leadership understands what a platform they have in this football program and boost it as much as possible. Take advantage of the timing and blessings that are flowing. A note to the booster club, go after that financial donations this year. Folks in Birmingham and the southeast will want to be a part of this teams record breaking year.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby AP » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 pm

samfordcircle wrote:I am sure the politics and powers to be will attempt some way to slow the rise. Just watch. When they do, I hope we back our players and protect a special year waiting to happen. Probably scares some of the establishment, but Samford is Rising. The sky is the limit for us this year. I don't understand why folks are afraid to get behind them and boost their possibilities. These players are not afraid of any challenge as we all witnessed Saturday. Every other team is gunning for us anyway, once predicted for us to win the SoCon. A few of us on the forum wont change that or increase it by stating the possibilities. I think the team really accelerates to another level when our fans and folks boost them versus all the nay saying. This team picked up fans Saturday nationally that will continue to follow them this year. Anyone who watched that game saw the potential.
This is, perhaps, the strangest non-Butkuss paragraph I've read on this board in a decade or more.
AP

Postby samfordcircle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:37 am

AP wrote:
samfordcircle wrote:I am sure the politics and powers to be will attempt some way to slow the rise. Just watch. When they do, I hope we back our players and protect a special year waiting to happen. Probably scares some of the establishment, but Samford is Rising. The sky is the limit for us this year. I don't understand why folks are afraid to get behind them and boost their possibilities. These players are not afraid of any challenge as we all witnessed Saturday. Every other team is gunning for us anyway, once predicted for us to win the SoCon. A few of us on the forum wont change that or increase it by stating the possibilities. I think the team really accelerates to another level when our fans and folks boost them versus all the nay saying. This team picked up fans Saturday nationally that will continue to follow them this year. Anyone who watched that game saw the potential.
This is, perhaps, the strangest non-Butkuss paragraph I've read on this board in a decade or more.

Strange in what way? Which part needs to be broken down for you?
samfordcircle

Postby AP » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 am

Like Guernica or The Persistence of Memory, "breaking it down" would do a grave disservice to the work you have created. I'm happy just to sit back and stare at teh canvas.
AP

Postby samfordcircle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:05 pm

AP wrote:Like Guernica or The Persistence of Memory, "breaking it down" would do a grave disservice to the work you have created. I'm happy just to sit back and stare at teh canvas.

Thought so. Rumor is the NCAA is on site today drug testing the football team for PED's and drugs. Please confirm if anyone can verify. Was told by one of the parents their son was contacted to be available today. This is the "political machine or powers to be" I was referring too about slowing the rise. Why now? After the close call to FSU? Coincidence? I hope some of our alumni attorneys or legal group see this for what it is. Trying to give a black eye to Samford by saying these kids were not good enough to play with FSU. They are good, and if they are not derailed by this or other clear attacks on the program, they will prove it this year.
samfordcircle

Postby Smurf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 pm

BOE.
Smurf

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound