Mercer questions and stuff

Mercer questions and stuff

Postby Cujo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 pm

1. Why haven’t we heard from FU Bear since Saturday? Mercer won. Hmmmmmm. Who else does he pull for? How did they do?

2. Assuming we hear from Mercer’s biggest fan this week (since it is, after all, Mercer week), what’s the skinny on the Macon Bears?

3. Will Samford have a let down? Will going from playing in front of 60,000-70,000 screaming idiots to 6,000 reasonably upstanding friends and family be a let down? Will going from national spot light and “trending” on twitter to after thought on AL.com (AL.com’s sports desk’s official stance on Samford is that they don’t cover D2 athletics good—Troy, JSU, South Alabama, Samford, UNA will be covered when they are “gooder than Auburn”—al.com has the following priorities 1. Alabama; 2. Alabama qb, 3. Alabama 2d string qb, 4. Alabama recruiting, 5. Nick Saban, 6. How many national championships has Alabama won, 7. Alabama v. Auburn, 8. Alabama v. The SEC, 9. The SEC v. The rest of the country, and 10 Auburn) result in a let down? (thank you to FU(sux)Bear for catching that--I kind of got caught up in my war with al.com, aka Pravda online, and forgot to finish the question).

4. Will Mercer bring its usual 25 fans with them? Will FU Bear make it 26? In all seriousness, how is the young man who runs the Mercer board?

5. We know Samford can show up as an underdog, but can it play as the lead dog? Fun, fast and physical (translation for Mercer fans “fisical”), but will we be furious that Mercer dared set foot in Seibert?

6. Will Bobby Lamb ever beat Chris Hatcher?

7. All joking aside, I thought Chris Hatcher handled himself extremely well in the pre-game, the mid-game and the post-game interviews.

8. After Mercer fires Bobby Lamb at the end of the season, would Chris Hatcher return home? (I have a lot of respect for Chris Hatcher, but if you have lived in Macon v. Homewood and you’d willingly move to Macon, I’d think he’s lost his fricking mind or drank too much of the glowing water from the Macon nuclear facility if he went back to Georgia—sorry 97 and RTM (FU Bear, sorry, not sorry), Macon is no Homewood, Vestavia, Mountain Brook). John Brady and Bobby Bowden have both said that their best times in coaching were at Samford. Not sure what Terry would say, but oddly nobody has asked him.

9. How many passing yards does Devlin (my Ipad tries to autocorrect his name to “devil”, which makes me suspect I have picked up a Mercer virus) have after playing a game and a half? He’s got to be close to 800. What’s the record watch number down to?

10. Granger, one of my players to watch this season, has his shot in the first half. I thought he accounted well for himself against FSU and had a critical tackle for a loss. Mercer already knows what its going to do for half time adjustments knowing that a rested, and healthy Gooden (his name autocorrects to “Golden”) awaits. Knowing that one of the quickest first steps in FCS football is about to be unleashed on you has to be concerning.
Last edited by Cujo on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Mercer questions and stuff

Postby SU 97 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Cujo, RTM, 01 and I would agree with your assessment on Macon. It's a cesspool. We've all moved out of there and not looked back.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby sudog03 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Great questions.

2. For the 2nd week, Mercer played two quarterbacks, this time starting rFr. Robert Riddle over Riley. Personally, I think Riddle is the much better QB. Mercer has a new OC and Lamb has given him play-calling responsibilities, but it's definitely Lamb's system still. I just haven't seen much difference in philosophy, still a power spread team that wants to run downhill at you and pass off of play action. Defensively, hard to tell. Blood bath against Memphis and played option D against JU. I do like how our offense matches up with their defense.

3. Probably the biggest thing to watch for. Have we developed that championship mentality yet? I mean this our first league game, at home against a conference rival. I've been impressed with the way we have come out and attacked our first two opponents. Let's keep that up.

6./8. I get the sense this is a very important game and season for Bobby Lamb. The amount of pro-lamb propaganda coming out on social media tells me he knows it too. I would surmise that he did not willfully give up play calling responsibilities. Would Hatcher leave for Mercer? Personally, I would hate to see it happen.

9. Devlin is now 3,391 from breaking the record.

10. I share your enthusiasm about Granger. Not flashy, but seems to get in the backfield an awful lot. Nice to have that kinda depth at that spot.
sudog03

Postby FUBeAR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Cuz
Furman, Falcons, Braves, Roswell, Buford, South Forsyth
Lost, Lost, Winning, Won, Off, Won
1-1
Yes
Yes
Sentence fragment
Yes
Maybe
Hangin’ & Healin’ - Long road of recovery ahead. Watched Mercer whip JaxU on iPad with big smile on his face
No
No
Yes
Not a question
If so, yes
Don’t care
Not a question
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby big_dog1968 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm

If you want a little chuckle, check the last post in their JU game thread:
MUfan
Spires Bear
yesterday at 8:52am
On to Samford, did they get beat up in the FSU game enough for the Bears to have a chance?

NO REPLY. Apparently nobody has the heart to answer him :lol:
big_dog1968

Postby sudog03 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am

Last time I felt this good about the Dogs was last season, coming off a huge road win at Wofford, ranked 8th in the country and coming home for a very winnable game against UTC. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Went to the Mercy site and all I found about the game was FU Bear having a conversation with himself about how dirty Samford plays and otherwise trying to stir the pot.

Still no word on whether FUBar is making the trip to the annual sow bear killing.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby 77SU » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:16 pm

According to FUBeAR’s post on what appears to be his personal board, his team will be in Florida this weekend. According to the city’s website, “Sanford is a significant cultural and business hub for the Central Florida region.” Maybe he thinks the bears will play UCF, since their game at North Carolina has been canceled.
77SU

Postby SU DOG » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm

LOL! Great post 77.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound