Kennesaw State—pathetic schedule

Kennesaw State—pathetic schedule

Postby Cujo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Below is a cut and paste of a very thoughtful and spot on post from the AGS board re Kennesaw State’s pathetic schedule. This is worse than JSU’s road to the playoffs. Basically, play nobody outside of two weeks. Anyone can get their team up for two games a year. After the loss to Ga. St., I’d have dropped them out of the poll. Let’s see them compete in the SoCon week in week out and see how they do. They have a good team and run a decent system, but let’s see them play Samford, Wofford, Citadel, Mercer and Furman in consecutive weeks and see how they do after they get the daylights beat out of them week after week.

Re: Southern Conference Week 4 Power Rankings/Pick 'Em.
Kennesaw State is a top 10 team, but has anyone looked at their schedule?!?!

Their one FBS game was against Georgia State, arguably one of the weakest FBS teams in the country (they lost too, by the way).

Then 5 of their next 6 are:
Tenn. Tech (bad)
Alabama State (bad)
Clark Atlanta (winless D2 squad)
Presbyterian (bad)
Gardner Webb (bad)

KSU is taking the Jacksonville State route to the post season.

Samford is going to have to carry some water for the SoCon in that game. Unfortunately for the Bulldogs, KSU essentially has an offweek (Clark Atlanta) before playing Samford.

Must be nice to have a schedule where you play two objectively "good" teams all season before the playoffs.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Kennesaw State—pathetic schedule

Postby sudog03 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Don't forget about Austin Peay. Their schedule is also pathetic. Presbyterian (who has decided to go non-scholly) and a pitiful Morehead State program. Folks want to give us grief about playing a D2. I can assure you our schedule on balance is significantly tougher than Austin Peay or KSU.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Their conferences are so much worse than ours, and they can't help that. I'm not sold on APSU, but I AM sold on KSU. The Owls with JSU and Samford for OOC FCS opponents offsets some of their cupcakes, IMO.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:23 pm

They can control that by joining a legitimate 1aa conference. If their goal is 1a, then go 1a. There schedule is very Pete Hurt like (except they don't lose to their D2 opponent).
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Pretty sure if I knew my conference was bad, I wouldn't complicate matters by scheduling teams such as Morehead State and Presby.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:36 pm

sudog03 wrote:Pretty sure if I knew my conference was bad, I wouldn't complicate matters by scheduling teams such as Morehead State and Presby.

What 03 said. Get with the program, SUD.
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:43 pm

At least Presby and Morehead are FCS in the eyes of the selection committee. Frankly I wish we could schedule some of these type schools instead of the D-2s.

Get with the program? I dunno, maybe I'm just still in a bad mood since Saturday. :(
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Given the choices over the past few years, I think the committee fairly weighs those teams regardless of "division".
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:57 pm

These non scholly "FCS" programs damage the credibility of the entire division. The NCAA should have kept the Morehead States and Georgetowns of the world in D-III in football.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU DOG » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Normally it is thought that 7 D-1 wins is the mandatory minimum for Playoffs. This is an unwritten rule, but usually does apply. There have been a few exceptions such as we had in 2016, but that is definitely not the norm. A Presby or Morehead win does count towards that number, but a D-2 does not.
SU DOG

Next

Return to The Dog Pound