Introduction and Tailgate info at Chattanooga.

Introduction and Tailgate info at Chattanooga.

Postby Mocs Tailgater » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, Chattanooga fan here. I wanted to introduce myself, hoping to make some friends with fellow tailgaters. I have done this in the past with other schools, and it works great. We make friends with a group, and we tailgate with you for your home games, and we return the favor when the games are in Chattanooga. This methods works great, as the amount of supplies you have to bring for an away game drops considerably. FYI, App State fans treated us amazing well. I am hoping Samford can become my new number 1! Jacksonville State is a close 2nd.

I am Derek, and I am a co-founder of the Mocaholics Tailgate Club. We have been tailgating as a group for 14 years now. We are all alumni, and as we have gotten older, our group has gotten larger, as many have kids now. Most of us are mid to late 30s at this point. I'm an engineer living in Knoxville, but I am NOT a vols fan. My blood only runs blue and gold. My good Knoxville friend graduated from Samford, and just recently moved back to Hoover. He has been to a Chattanooga game with us and I plan on staying with him when we play you guys every other year.

I wanted to extend a welcome to stop by tomorrow and have a beer or a bite to eat (pulled pork, finger foods), a jello shot, or a shot of liquor on our shotski.

Our tailgate theme tomorrow is a luau.

We will also have corn hole and beer pong for tailgate activities.

If you are interested in hosting a small group of us for your home games (4 realistically) let us know and feel free to stay the entire tailgate with us. Even, if you can't accomidate, stop by, introduce yourself, and have a drink on me. I always enjoy chatting with other fans.

We tailgate next to the stadium in the open air First Tennessee Pavilion, just past the bathrooms on the left. We have a large banner hanging up.

We will also have a tv or two, with likely the Alabama Texas A&M game at 3:30. Tailgaiting out of the sun has its advantages this time of year.

The pavilion is plenty tall enough to grow a football around as well.

The plays will walk through around 4:30, and the band about 6:30.

Stop by and say hi.

Parking lot tailgating is also very popular in the North parking lot. Other tailgate clubs such as 'Big Show Crew' are near the stadium entrance. Bathrooms there are limited to port-o-potties. Restrooms are available in the pavilion.

Also, the stadium sells $6 pints of craft beer once you are in the game. This is realativly new.

Cheers from all the Mocaholics.

Derek
Attachments
FB_IMG_1537552756038.jpg
FB_IMG_1537552756038.jpg (104.18 KiB) Viewed 784 times
Mocs Tailgater

Re: Introduction and Tailgate info at Chattanooga.

Postby Mocs Tailgater » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:38 pm

About to leave Knoxville. I got Michelob Light, Heineken, and Corona to share.

Safe travels.
Mocs Tailgater

Postby funkychicken » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Mocs Tailgater wrote:About to leave Knoxville. I got Michelob Light, Heineken, and Corona to share.

Safe travels.

Ha ha. Hey, this is Sam. in case you forgot. Ha ha. ;)

FC
Jax State MBB NCAA 17 CBI 18
1AA/FCS Playoffs: 2003, 04, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
D2 Football National Champs 1992
D2 Baseball World Series Champs 1990, 1991
D2 Men's Basketball National Champs 1985
D2 Women's Gymnastics National Champs 1984, 1985
funkychicken

Postby Cujo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Safe travels yourself. I’m not sure I’ll get by, but appreciate the invite. Tailgated a little last night with 03 and his family (he is very proud of instigating the effort to delete me—not sure if he means from the board or something more substantial)
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby AP » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:37 pm

UserDeleted wrote:.
It worked 03.
AP

Postby Mocs Tailgater » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 pm

funkychicken wrote:
Mocs Tailgater wrote:About to leave Knoxville. I got Michelob Light, Heineken, and Corona to share.

Safe travels.

Ha ha. Hey, this is Sam. in case you forgot. Ha ha. ;)

FC

I have forgot. Stop on by!
Mocs Tailgater

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Chattanooga is a great weekend football trip city. Easy to access, places to eat, things to do, hotels o’plenty, friendly people, safe, good pregame atmosphere and a wonderful stadium with plenty of bathrooms (not a fan of the urinal trough, however). Had a wonderful time. Saw some bulldog friends. Got to play, “Where’s Waldo, the 03 version”. The game was fun and 60 minutes of entertainment (and frustration).
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:41 pm

By the way, props on the new video board. Very nice.
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound