UTC game thread

Re: UTC game thread

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:54 pm

If we are watching game film of our opponent and breaking it down and coming up with a game plan, we are doing a really really poor job of it. When is the last time we came out and just punched an equally matched opponent in the mouth and took the game to them from the initial whistle? When is the last time we put together 4 complete quarters on both sides of the ball?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:26 pm

sudog03 wrote:Defense hasn't been perfect, but given our league worst 11 turnovers, if not for them our losses would be much more lopsided.

Spotting them 17 sort of has an impact on the rest of the game. That fumble at the 1 looms large, doesn’t it.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 pm

77SU wrote:And SU Dog was upset that UTC was #1 in the power list this week?

I didn't think UTC had played a good team at that point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have at this point either. And NO, I don't have them at #1 in the SoCon, and neither does hardly anyone else.
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm

If we feel this bad, and I know I do, just think how our players must feel. I KNOW we have really good kids who have had lofty goals(as they should have), and now those goals are dangerously close to being impossible to reach. I'm sure they are hurting today as well. Feeling sorry for the kids, however, doesn't help in trying to figure out what is going on here. There isn't a doubt in my mind that we have been beaten twice in 2 weeks now by teams with lesser talent.

Coach Hatcher seems to be just as confused as we are. He mentions we aren't playing well and that is on him. He also mentions we have kinda lost our way, have made some BAD calls that didn't give us a chance to win. and maybe we are trying to do too much on offense. The clincher is when he says "I'm at a loss for words". That is certainly not usual for him is it?

When a team has good talent with good kids and preforms with obviously less than anywhere near their potential, where can you look but at the HC? I think that Samford players and us Samford fans expect analysis BEFORE the games, and not afterwards. We actually could run the table, but that is now a long shot. I don't know what is wrong, but AGAIN, we seem to be living the Samford reality and not the Samford dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocn_ok5 ... k576cpXtuy
SU DOG

Postby dixiechs88 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 pm

138 of 199 attempts in 4 games, throwing into 8 deep coverage. 68.6 completions %
Your right “Smurf” he can do better. The routes can be better. The line can be better. The defense can be better. The game prep can be better. The game plan can be better.
You’re welcome to your opinion.
I stand by my statement as well, and I also prefer to not single out players.
I have nothing further positive to offer this forum.
dixiechs88

Postby sudog03 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Cujo wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Defense hasn't been perfect, but given our league worst 11 turnovers, if not for them our losses would be much more lopsided.

Spotting them 17 sort of has an impact on the rest of the game. That fumble at the 1 looms large, doesn’t it.

I think everybody knew coming in that our defense was going to be a work in progress early in the season given the amount of production that had to be replaced. An offense that returned every starter and multiple all-conference selections was expected to carry the team. Through 2 SoCon games we have as many turnovers as we do touchdowns (5). And our scoring offense of 22 points a game is dead last in the league using conference only games. Scoring defense is good enough for 4th right now.
sudog03

Postby DawgFan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 pm

No one should ever make fun of or take lightly ETSU again. That’s why preseason predictions and publications are a complete waste of time. This is just a case of Samford being Samford. No matter the year or the players on the team it’s always the same. Relax administration, no one is going to mistake SU For a football powerhouse. Carry on!
DawgFan

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound