Football Gross Mistake - Football Miracle

Football Gross Mistake - Football Miracle

Postby SU DOG » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:32 pm

One of the most remarkable comebacks I've seen in some time: With 8:12 to go in the 3rd quarter, Furman was ahead of ETSU 27-6, and the Bucs were starting on their own 7 yd. line. ETSU had been playing their supposedly super-star xfer QB Logan Marchi. Marchi had been at Temple and had all kind of accolades. Hmm, sounds kinda familiar huh? At this point they brought in 5th year Sr. Austin Herink, and the entire team(both offensively and defensively) took on a different look. Herink immediately took them on a 93 yard scoring drive, and then repeated his efforts to bring the Bucs back and tie the game late in the 4th quarter.

Now, for the Boneheaded Mistake: With the score 27-27 in the 4th quarter, ETSU kicked off after scoring the tying points with 2:21 left in the game. The Furman receiver caught the ball at the 2 yard line and took a knee. Touchback right? WRONG!!! He did NOT signal for the fair catch, even though he took a knee. From here the ETSU defense got a safety and the Bucs held on for the 29-27 win and went crazy.

ETSU, now 2-0 in the SoCon, does not look bad at all - at least not bad like we have seen them in the past.
SU DOG

Re: Football Gross Mistake - Football Miracle

Postby sudog03 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:39 pm

I didn't watch ETSU/Furman. But did watch, ETSU/VMI. I thought ETSU looked awful in that one. ETSU had 13 penalties and 4 turnovers against VMI. Seems to be going around.
sudog03

Return to The Dog Pound