Samford @ Kennesaw Football game canceled?

Re: Samford @ Kennesaw Football game canceled?

Postby FUBeAR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Cujo wrote:Being a Samford fan is like riding a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, long waits for a short ride, you get to the front of the line and the ride breaks down and sometimes someone vomits in your seat.

Well, assuming you have rubber gloves and a damp rag, here is my projection for the game that I believe Samford has not canceled (yet) this week...

WCU @ Samford - Samford, wisely, completely abandons trying to run the ball and Devlin Hodges throws for over 1,000 yards and 11 TD’s. Tyrie Adams, suffering severe body soreness from the beating that Furman gave him, only runs for 250 and only throws for 500. Bulldogs win 77-51

Hey Bulldog!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:10 pm

We’ll see. Technically, this should be an old school WAC-style game, but . . . our offense has hit rock bottom. I think we have to lose out for Hatcher to put in work studying film of the opponent and preparing the offense for the actual next team on the schedule. Doing what we do regardless of who we are playing isn’t working. Not sure we have the brain trust to win a battle of wits.

Oh, and I hope we have the good sense to put a spy on Adams (a fast one). Not sure who the defense prepared for last year, but it wasn’t WCU. Still not over that glaring error in our game plan. I don’t mind losing, I just don’t like bad schemes and poor preparation.

If we lose this game . . . .
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby The Cats » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:25 pm

FUBeAR wrote:
Cujo wrote:Being a Samford fan is like riding a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, long waits for a short ride, you get to the front of the line and the ride breaks down and sometimes someone vomits in your seat.

Well, assuming you have rubber gloves and a damp rag, here is my projection for the game that I believe Samford has not canceled (yet) this week...

WCU @ Samford - Samford, wisely, completely abandons trying to run the ball and Devlin Hodges throws for over 1,000 yards and 11 TD’s. Tyrie Adams, suffering severe body soreness from the beating that Furman gave him, only runs for 250 and only throws for 500. Bulldogs win 77-51

Hey Bulldog!

I think it's kind of interesting that in the Furman game, Tyrie took such a beating that he was selected SoCon Offensive Player of the Week.

Adams put up 472 yards of total offense as the Catamounts passed the 500-yard mark collectively for a second-straight game. Adams finished just three yards shy of matching his career-best in passing yardage with a season-high 424 yards through the air . Adams was 25-for-36 for 424 yards and five touchdowns, he also rushed for 48 yards to account for 472 yards of total offense.

Adams’ passing yardage fell just three yards short of his career high and moved him into third in school history for career passing yards (5,885), while his five TD tosses equaled his career high. Two of those strikes went for more than 40 yards, as he threw a 43-yard touchdown pass for Western Carolina’s first score of the second half and added a 49-yard TD throw later in the third quarter. He also had TD throws of 13, 9 and 7 yards in the contest. He has one of just 12 400-yard passing games in the FCS this season.

Yeah, I'd say Furman put a pretty good beating on Tyrie, otherwise, he's have done even better.
The Cats

Postby FUBeAR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Cujo wrote:our offense has hit rock bottom.
Well, then, this should be the classic matchup of the “resistable force” vs. the “movable object.” The Catamounts’ Defense is as bad as I’ve seen in FCS Football. They remind me of some Davidson Defenses I played against in the late 70’s/early 80’s - more athletic certainly, but just as ineffective. They certainly contributed to Furman’s Offense ‘getting well’ in a hurry last week. Special Teams also seem to be a dumpster fire. Offense can light it up with Adams doing Adams things and some sneaky-good skill Players in his supporting cast. But not kidding about the “body soreness.” I was on the FU sidelines last week and he took a POUNDING. He ‘checked out’ for a while at the end of the 1st half (ribs, they said...and what I heard on FU’s sidelines), but came back and finished the game. Back-up did fine when he was in there. He’s a very good Player...poised & talented, but he’s not “special” like Adams. And their Offense is ‘tuned’ to Adams special-ness. If he’s hindered or injured...game over...no rubber gloves required.
FUBeAR

Postby FUBeAR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:59 pm

The Cats wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

Hey Bulldog!

I think it's kind of interesting that in the Furman game, Tyrie took such a beating that he was selected SoCon Offensive Player of the Week.

Adams put up 472 yards of total offense as the Catamounts passed the 500-yard mark collectively for a second-straight game. Adams finished just three yards shy of matching his career-best in passing yardage with a season-high 424 yards through the air . Adams was 25-for-36 for 424 yards and five touchdowns, he also rushed for 48 yards to account for 472 yards of total offense.

Adams’ passing yardage fell just three yards short of his career high and moved him into third in school history for career passing yards (5,885), while his five TD tosses equaled his career high. Two of those strikes went for more than 40 yards, as he threw a 43-yard touchdown pass for Western Carolina’s first score of the second half and added a 49-yard TD throw later in the third quarter. He also had TD throws of 13, 9 and 7 yards in the contest. He has one of just 12 400-yard passing games in the FCS this season.

Yeah, I'd say Furman put a pretty good beating on Tyrie, otherwise, he's have done even better.
Have you seen the opening scene of “Saving Private Ryan?” It was like that.

I saw, heard, and almost felt some of the hits he took...up close & personal. A better analogy would be when I was on the sidelines, working for CBS Sports, for an Auburn @ Georgia Tech game in 1985. GT’s “Black Watch” Defense POUNDED Bo Jackson every time he touched the Football. It was amazing to watch, hear, and feel. But...like Adams (well, almost), Bo got up every play & went back for more...getting his yards & TD’s (32/242 & 1) but that, as in this case, didn’t have anything to do with the POUNDING he took in the effort. I would not be surprised to see the residual effects of the pounding Adams absorbed in the FU game have some effect on his play this week @ Samford. Of course, I would also not be surprised to see him run for 250 & throw for 500 in a valiant, but losing effort. He’s a SPECIAL Cat!
FUBeAR

Postby wcugrad95 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pm

FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:Samford 28
Kennesaw 24

Hey Bulldog!
Well, I had Kennesaw’s score on the money.

Half-right is better than my usual 2 conditions - half-a$$ & half-crazy

“Bye” for Samford this week, it seems. No?

Somebody hurry and start a WCU @Samford thread so FUBeAR can start in on bashing the Catamounts, although his prediction on AGS was pretty amusing :D
wcugrad95

Postby SAM1014 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:35 pm

RIP samfordbulldogs.com
SAM1014

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound