Samford vs. Kennesaw Game Thread!

Re: Samford vs. Kennesaw Game Thread!

Postby sudog03 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:43 pm

3 starters out on defense that was facing a very good offense, got behind early and we spent most of our time on offense running the ball and throwing safety valve passes to the RB. Never thought I'd see a game this season where we'd get behind and end up with more rushing attempts than passing attempts. If we are gonna spend all season just trying to take what defenses are giving us, man, this season is going to get even longer. FYI, there is a reason they are giving us certain things. We have to be the aggressor. We are much better off cutting Hodges loose, knowing that teams a are dropping coverage and some INT's will be thrown than what I watched last night. 3.9 yards per play is the lowest we've had since 2015 against Louisville.
sudog03

Postby AP » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:47 am

Every rushing attempt is one more down where we take the ball out of the hands out of the best player in school history voluntarily. I say that as someone who is a noted aficionado of running the dang ball. Don't waste a single play of 8's remaining career in the red & blue.
Last edited by AP on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AP

Postby DC_INT'L » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 am

Not to pile on, but I thought ESPN stats had messed up the box score when I saw that we had more rushes than passes.
DC_INT'L

Postby wcugrad95 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:05 pm

I expect you crank the number of passes up this week against WCU. I would be more than happy if you guys try to keep to the balanced attack, though ;)
wcugrad95

Postby Cujo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:13 pm

I hope we score some TDs before the last 5 minutes of the game when y’all are playing prevent.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound