Look on the bright side

Look on the bright side

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:01 am

The suspense about making the playoffs is over before midseason. Everyone can make plans.

Speaking of no playoffs, Devlin can make the duck calling championships.

We don’t look silly now for scheduling a D2 for a win!

We have more time to recruit.

All of our games should be in doubt from here forward, so any losses from here on out won’t be disappointments.

Maybe we won’t make any more silly presumptuous cartoon videos about presumptively winning conference championship and going to the playoffs.

And I have another that I’ll keep to myself.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Look on the bright side

Postby 77SU » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:50 am

There should be plenty of food and places to sit in the hospitality tent for the remaining home games. :oops:
77SU

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:53 am

More chicken pot pie for us!!!
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby BlakeRx » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 am

If we spent half as much time preparing a game plan as we do preparing ridiculous promotional material and dumb videos we might be in better shape. I love a good promo as much as the next guy, but the product on the field comes first. One of the most disappointing seasons in a long while.
BlakeRx

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 am

Blake, that stuff may be great fodder for our message board, and you're not the only to say things like that, but those videos and promo materials, have zero to do with whether we win our lose. It's just a convenient whipping boy for us to vent our frustrations. Our team has loads of talent but also some problems on both sides of the ball.

At this point I just want to see us win one game. Once we do that I want to see us win another. We have the talent to win games but I fear the team is starting to lose confidence.
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:59 pm

The good thing about the regular season is you get another chance the next week. Let’s beat WCU. Maybe we’ll rattle off 6 straight wins find a way to get a share of the SoCon title.
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Cujo wrote:The good thing about the regular season is you get another chance the next week. Let’s beat WCU. Maybe we’ll rattle off 6 straight wins find a way to get a share of the SoCon title.

I just want one win at this point. We're too deep into desperation move to think about epic runs. Get a win.
big_dog1968

Postby BlakeRx » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 pm

big_dog1968 wrote:Blake, that stuff may be great fodder for our message board, and you're not the only to say things like that, but those videos and promo materials, have zero to do with whether we win our lose. It's just a convenient whipping boy for us to vent our frustrations. Our team has loads of talent but also some problems on both sides of the ball.

At this point I just want to see us win one game. Once we do that I want to see us win another. We have the talent to win games but I fear the team is starting to lose confidence.

I know that our promotional guys aren’t the one coming up with the game plan. I’m unreasonable sometimes, but not quite THAT unreasonable. :lol:

That said, I could do without all the over the top social media posts about breaking records and such when we are having such a trainwreck of a season thus far. That’s all I meant.
BlakeRx

Postby Cujo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:37 pm

When we win out and then win the national championship, we are going to all look pretty silly.
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Cujo wrote:When we win out and then win the national championship, we are going to all look pretty silly.

The marketing department already had the theme, for the rest of the season. "Witness The Beginning...Of The End"
Wait that doesn't sound quite right. Well, anyway, it's a work in progress. ;-)
big_dog1968

Next

Return to The Dog Pound