This week our two favorite teams

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby sudog03 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Agreed. Beat VMI.
sudog03
 
Posts: 3278
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby SU DOG » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm not as optimistic that we can do it as I wish I was, but WIN OUT and we are IN.
BTW, FUBeAR has publicly stated that he hopes VMI will beat "Sanford" this weekend. :x
SU DOG
 
Posts: 6567
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby Cujo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:06 pm

If there is one thing I can appreciate about a poster is the ability to be shamelessly contradictory. We don’t have much of the good natured back and forth with clever, but friendly smack talking rival posters like we used to. He’s a rare commodity . . . a treasure, if you will. Some may say big bag of hot air and too much time on his hands, but I say he is a treasure.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo
 
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 am

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby 77SU » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:23 pm

FUBeAR wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Your probably right, I mean we would have to look back all the WAY BACK to 2016 to find the last time we got in with a 7-4 record and 6 D1 wins. Couldn't possibly happen, now, y'know this many years since that ancient time.

Yep - and that year the SoCon had 2 Teams in the Top 10 & 2 more in the Top 20 when At-Large berths were announced. The 7-4 Team to which you are referring had a win over 1 of those Top 20 Teams, an OT loss to 1 in the Top 10, and an OOC win over a 9-2 Team, whose only other loss was to the #2 ranked FCS Team.

Right now, the SoCon has 1 Team ranked in the Top 25 & Samford’s best possible OOC win is over D2 Shorter. If Samford is able to win out, the losses that the Bulldogs would need to inflict on its SoCon opponents would probably keep Furman & ETSU from being ranked, even if they also won out. And, if they did also win out, that means Wofford would pick up 3 SoCon losses and would, most likely, tumble from the rankings. So, in order for Samford to have a ‘good SoCon win,’ it really could only be over a Wofford Team that otherwise wins out and, probably, stays in the Top 20 at 9-2/7-1. Would that 1 good SoCon win be enough to get Samford an At-large bid @ 7-4/6-2 with only 6 D1 wins and no ‘good OOC’ wins? I don’t think so. You may disagree, but, looking at it historically, unless Samford has a ‘friend’ on the Committee, as New Hampshire did for so many of its ‘odd’ rec’d bids, I just don’t see it happening. If that time comes, depending upon other circumstances related to my 2 FavoriteTeams, if they would be unaffected; I will hope that I’m wrong.


Closest friend we now have on the committee. Congratulations to Bob the Builder!

https://gocamels.com/news/2018/10/9/football-roller-serving-on-fcs-selection-committee.aspx
77SU
 
Posts: 5189
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Huntsville

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby FUBeAR » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:50 pm

77SU wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Your probably right, I mean we would have to look back all the WAY BACK to 2016 to find the last time we got in with a 7-4 record and 6 D1 wins. Couldn't possibly happen, now, y'know this many years since that ancient time.

Yep - and that year the SoCon had 2 Teams in the Top 10 & 2 more in the Top 20 when At-Large berths were announced. The 7-4 Team to which you are referring had a win over 1 of those Top 20 Teams, an OT loss to 1 in the Top 10, and an OOC win over a 9-2 Team, whose only other loss was to the #2 ranked FCS Team.

Right now, the SoCon has 1 Team ranked in the Top 25 & Samford’s best possible OOC win is over D2 Shorter. If Samford is able to win out, the losses that the Bulldogs would need to inflict on its SoCon opponents would probably keep Furman & ETSU from being ranked, even if they also won out. And, if they did also win out, that means Wofford would pick up 3 SoCon losses and would, most likely, tumble from the rankings. So, in order for Samford to have a ‘good SoCon win,’ it really could only be over a Wofford Team that otherwise wins out and, probably, stays in the Top 20 at 9-2/7-1. Would that 1 good SoCon win be enough to get Samford an At-large bid @ 7-4/6-2 with only 6 D1 wins and no ‘good OOC’ wins? I don’t think so. You may disagree, but, looking at it historically, unless Samford has a ‘friend’ on the Committee, as New Hampshire did for so many of its ‘odd’ rec’d bids, I just don’t see it happening. If that time comes, depending upon other circumstances related to my 2 FavoriteTeams, if they would be unaffected; I will hope that I’m wrong.


Closest friend we now have on the committee. Congratulations to Bob the Builder!

https://gocamels.com/news/2018/10/9/football-roller-serving-on-fcs-selection-committee.aspx
I saw that WCU’s AD is the new SoCon rep on the Committee.

Maybe having the Starters playing last Sat. and throwing the ball half a dozen times in the 4th quarter while leading by 5 or 6 scores, wasn’t the best idea after all.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
Image
User avatar
FUBeAR
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Cry me a river, daisy pants.

I hope we put up 88 on a scoreless Furman in a few weeks. In all honesty, I just hope we win, but my secret super hope is that we go all Elon on your purple team and really give you something to whine about.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo
 
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 am

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby FUBeAR » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Cujo wrote:Cry me a river, daisy pants.

I hope we put up 88 on a scoreless Furman in a few weeks. In all honesty, I just hope we win, but my secret super hope is that we go all Elon on your purple team and really give you something to whine about.


Hey, no fur off my paws about what y’all did to the Catamounts. Those scoundrels still owe me an ACL, owe my alma mater a goalpost, and need to reimburse my friend/teammate for his facial reconstruction surgery. I’m just sayin’ there may now be another zip-tie on the body bag of that potential Samford at-large playoff berth under discussion.

And, as difficult as it may be, y’all need to get your mind off the opportunity that you have to visit the most beautiful campus in America on 10/20 & start worrying about that mob of oblong spheroid slingin’ kangaroos that is about to hop into Homewood. I don’t have enough time on my hands to come over here & do all the spirit lifting that will be required if you become their 1st win in over 2 years. Very Much Improved is more than a catchy slogan I just thought of!

#BewareTheRoos
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
Image
User avatar
FUBeAR
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby Cujo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:06 pm

I understood, but I never let understanding get in the way of an agenda.

What’s up with this board? Lose a few games and the faithful run for the hills. I’m left with only one friend. Its down to me and a Furman/Mercer fan left chatting on the Samford board.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo
 
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 am

Re: This week our two favorite teams

Postby big_dog1968 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 am

Cujo wrote:I understood, but I never let understanding get in the way of an agenda.

What’s up with this board? Lose a few games and the faithful run for the hills. I’m left with only one friend. Its down to me and a Furman/Mercer fan left chatting on the Samford board.

It's not us, it's you! :lol: :lol: You scared everyone off. :D
Image
User avatar
big_dog1968
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound

  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests