I miss the Saturdays

I miss the Saturdays

Postby Cujo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:48 pm

when Samfordcircle was up before the dawn and had already posted about it being game day.

Well, I’m not a parent of a football player, but IT’s GAME DAY! Military Jet flyover before the game. I hope it’s a bad @$$ jet with armaments and not some cargo or refueling plane. Reminds me of a soccer tournament my youngest son was playing in near the river in Louisville. There was an air show going on and the flight patterns frequently went over the fields where the soccer games were being played. When I say “over” I mean like 100 yards in the air over. It was awesome and loud. Frequently there would be pauses in the action as the players stopped in mid play and turned and looked at F-16’s screaming over head and then kicking in afterburners and rocketing straight up. Maybe the best soccer tournament/air show I have ever been to. Actually, it was the only soccer tournament/air show I have been to.

Sooo, how to I make this trip down memory lane relevant to game day? Hmmmm, I suspect we are in for an air show with these two offenses. Last week’s first quarter took an hour and a half. This weeks game could be 5 hours long. Bring a snack.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: I miss the Saturdays

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Game Day up in New Haven, CT! FUBeAR is here & ready to cheer the Bears to bring back, probably, the SoCon’s only decent OOC win in 2018. But first, I’m gonna see if I can surpass my previous personal records & beat these youngsters in my signature events - the Long Horse & Club Swinging!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Scared me there for a second. Having been familiarized with your persona on the board and what you might be capable of, I was preparing to give you a sharp warning that this was a family friendly board and you take your swinging lifestyle elsewhere, but then I saw the picture, which gave it context. Crisis averted. :lol:

Go Mercer (I just threw up in my mouth), beat Yale.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:41 pm

I saw this title and immediately thought you were going to say you miss the times when Terry Bowden was walking the sidelines, and it didn't matter who the opponent was, the outcome was inevitable. Eastern Kentucky, in their hey day, or SEMO, it didn't matter who, they all were going DOWN when they came to Seibert. YEP, I really miss those Saturdays, but that is in the distant past. We may never see that type of reign of terror again, but the memories linger. "PRECIOUS MEMORIES, HOW THEY LINGER".
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound