‘Twas the Wednesday before Homecoming/wofford

‘Twas the Wednesday before Homecoming/wofford

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm

And not a Samford poster was stirring, not even a mouse.

Interesting discussion for once about the SoCon in week 10 on AGS. FUB sets 03 straight, after 03 sets the AGS straight.

For what it is worth, the game that scares me most is Citadel “IF” we beat Wofford. I think we’ll be up for Wofford. I think we’ll be up for ETSU. I worry about Cit after Wofford and before ETSU. But first, Wofford.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: ‘Twas the Wednesday before Homecoming/wofford

Postby sudog03 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:59 pm

I need all the help I can get, so thanks FUB for the assist, lol.

Here's my thoughts on the game:

Turnovers - Wofford is coming in averaging almost 2 turnovers a game, after turning it over just once a game on average last season. Turnovers are basically what cost them the Furman game, with FU scoring 2 TD's on drives that started inside the Wofford 40.

Joe Newman - scares me to death. He played the 2nd half against us last year, and there were several instances where we had him dead to rights and he escaped. We have to limit him. They have a tFr. WR (#2) that they will try and go deep with a few times.

Wofford Defense - just have to think they are going to try and play umbrella coverage, dropping 7-8 guys. When and if they do bring pressure, we will have to pick it up and take advantage, I look for those to be limited opportunities. There are alot of exotic blitzes you can bring with an odd man front.

Obviously, just hope we play well. This senior class deserves it. They have raised the bar and expectations for Samford football. Been one of my favorite groups to watch and see develop.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 pm

How do you spy a qb who runs the option, but who they want to drop back and throw more, but who is probably more dangerous to us scrambling and adlibbing as he is throwing?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:52 pm

First and foremost play your responsibility. Once a read is made, whether you are on playside or backside, pursue the ball carrier, but be careful not to overpursue. Newman is a player who can make the backside the playside in a flash. Sounds easy enough right?
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 pm

We are only three dark naps away from game day.
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Two dark naps away. The way you contain an option qb who drops back to pass is to keep him in the pocket and let him throw it. Devlin Hodges he ain’t if he’s trying to sling it around. The only thing that worries me is Samford getting sucked up in run support and Wofford doing the option vertical route things over the top that is so effective. If we can get out front on them and make them play catch up, this game will be a lot less stressful to watch.
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Cujo wrote:Two dark naps away. The way you contain an option qb who drops back to pass is to keep him in the pocket and let him throw it. Devlin Hodges he ain’t if he’s trying to sling it around. The only thing that worries me is Samford getting sucked up in run support and Wofford doing the option vertical route things over the top that is so effective. If we can get out front on them and make them play catch up, this game will be a lot less stressful to watch.

That is a good analysis. Was 03 actually the one who wrote this for you?
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm

SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound