Game thread

Re: Game thread

Postby Cujo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:18 pm

It is absolutely quiet in the stadium.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby BlakeRx » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:20 pm

They knew it was bad on the broadcast, and they showed the replay anyway. Just awful.
BlakeRx

Postby Cujo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Big win.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby BlakeRx » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Massive. Keeps the playoff hopes alive, and Devlin is now 720 yards behind McNair all time with two left to play.
BlakeRx

Postby Cujo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Save on bad decision on a throw for a pick, he was outstanding today.

Defense played lights out. We had a lot of wounded after this game, however. Hope we get 99 back. Granger (one of my picks for a breakout player) really stepped up. Need to get healthy ASAP. I hope the refs pay more attention to the chop blocking next week. I think the Wofford fans are scratching their heads about our defense. We were supposed to be awful on D—no match for Wofford’s O and no comparison to Wofford’s D. I think they got a lesson in reality today.
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 pm

It's pretty simple now. Win the next two and you win the autobid. Lose either of the next two and you will not be part of the playoff field.

We are playing well, but Hatcher will be challenged this week to keep his team focused on the Citadel and not what could happen in Johnson City in two weeks. I want to see us come out ready to play, unlike we did after our emotional showing against FSU. Senior leadership and leadership from our coaching staff will be critical these next two weeks.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby sudog03 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Just an outstanding performance by our team yesterday. Defense faced almost 80 plays and gave up two touchdowns on trick plays. Wofford got very little running their base offense. Offensively, we took care of the football for the most part, and did our thing. Stalled in the middle of the game when they started to bring pressure, figured it out and finished strong. Cujo may start at safety next week.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:11 pm

I can’t tell you how well our defense played yesterday. WC fans still talking about how they self-destructed and Samford doesn’t have a good defense. Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt. If we survive Cit, the last game of the year is going to be playoff game #1.
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound