If You Looked Up Trap Game...

If You Looked Up Trap Game...

Postby sudog03 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm

in the dictionary, you would see a picture of this game against Citadel:

- They are 0-4 at home this season, but all 4 losses have been by a combined 22 points.
- We are coming off our biggest win of the season, with a win against Citadel setting up a defacto SoCon title game against ETSU.
- We embarrassed them in our game last season.
- We are 1-4 in Charleston since joining the league, and even in the 1 win, didn't play well.
sudog03

Re: If You Looked Up Trap Game...

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Now would be a good time to reverse the Samford curse.

By the way, it is offensive after we whipped them, but the Wofford guy has a point about our playoff record and Samford not achieving its potential. Quite frankly, I agree with him. We have been one or two wins a season better than we have shown. Samford needs to step up and embrace the lead dog role. Make "We are Samford" something more than a slogan, make it a statement that other teams understand.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Cujo wrote:Now would be a good time to reverse the Samford curse.

By the way, it is offensive after we whipped them, but the Wofford guy has a point about our playoff record and Samford not achieving its potential. Quite frankly, I agree with him. We have been one or two wins a season better than we have shown. Samford needs to step up and embrace the lead dog role. Make "We are Samford" something more than a slogan, make it a statement that other teams understand.

OK, up to a point and some merit to your point. However, for this guy to claim we are an embarrassment to the SoCon gets my dander up. Having said that, I agree that we should never have lost some games that we have this year, and that is true for some previous years also. If you want to say some teams are an embarrassment to the conference, just check the rankings of some of the bottom dwellers here. If you are talking Playoff games only, how about a home game for a change? I hope you don't mean to side with the guy's posts on AGS that is constantly downing Samford and calling our school a SoCon embarrassment. IMO, the current BEST team the SoCon can send to the post season is SAMFORD. Hope the next 2 weeks verify this.
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Now, cujo has jinxed us by mentioning "The Samford Curse." If we lose, it is on YOU! LOL.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:00 pm

You are trying too hard, SUD. I could have said, "the weather looks bad for the game" and you were going to say its my fault now. LOL By the way, it is still on you if we lose. Bracketology is bad mojo. That's a well known fact. Big posting error. Huge! ;-)

No, I do not agree with that premise. That was so preposterous that I didn't think it deserved comment other than to say it was offensive. I said exactly what I meant, however, I agree that for our talent we have underachieved (you see that thesis sentence there that says he has a point about two specific things--our underachievement for our talent and our playoff record?). You are spoiling for a fight or something! You are looking for a bone to pick with me. All I can say is, "be careful grandpa, that bone may just whack you up side the head".
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm

I am ashamed to admit something, but I will confess that I was sure we would lose Saturday when all the momentum was on the Wofford side. It was the 3rd quarter, Terriers had scored the last 10 points, we had some key players down, and our offense seemed to be stuttering. I was so ecstatic to see something happen in the 4th quarter that so often has been lacking with our Dogs. We came back with a vengeance and took it on home. This wasn't exactly a comeback win, but to me, it had the same feeling. Of course the FU game was a comeback win, but still the team showed me something Saturday that I hope I can depend on. OK, so nothing is guaranteed in these next 2 games. Yeah, I had much rather us to need wins over VMI and Western. Instead, we will need to play at the same high level as Saturday. It is tough to get a team up so many weeks in a row. But let's face it, if we don't win out we don't deserve anything because of the earlier inexplicable losses.

All this to say that it seems to me like our players are more focused than maybe I have ever seen with the Dogs before. Sure do hope I am right, because I know we can do this.

GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Senior leadership. Seniors don’t want it to end. I like this team. I’m guarded, but I’m optimistic.
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound