Which team’s fans are most delusional?

Which team’s fans are most delusional?

Postby Cujo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Here are my rankings:

1. Furman. Furman, Furman, Furman. We are the elite team in the SoCon. We have the best offense. It’s unstoppable. We have the best defense. Me me me. Spoiled little rich kids. These folks are still calculating how they win the SoCon and/or whether they make the playoffs at 6-4 because they are Furman (read “entitled”). They should rename the University, Entitled U. If you’re 6-4, you don’t want to make the playoffs. Seriously, they didn’t get beat this year, it was all circumstances beyond their control. The refs beat them. Their best player had a scratch. The other team had a week off. The team mom forgot the post-game snacks and juice boxes.

2. Wofford. Finally a sign of reason showed up on their board today—“Were our expectations too high this year”? A moment of rational self-reflection? At least they realize that they are “high” on something. They labeled their defense elite (while labeling Samford’s as poor). Not sure they noticed, but our D line dominated them. They are wondering why they didn’t run the FB more (cheap shot FB), but if you watch the game and know anything about football, Samford took that away from them. They didn’t run it because it wasn’t there. They had an average SoCon Wofford team. They were good, but great? . . . delusional.

3. Mercer—Only because an ex-Furman fan is pulling for Mercer. He escaped during the Obama years, I guess. Furman lite over there in Halloween candy land. Take away that poster you and might think things would get more rational, but . . . there aren’t any other Mercer posters. This guy makes the Black Knight in the Holy Grail look like a quitter. Almost makes you think, given his wizardry with numbers, that Mercer is paying this guy. Seriously without him, they have a smaller following than ClarkAtlanta on the message boards.
Last edited by Cujo on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Which team’s fans are most delusional?

Postby sudog03 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 pm

It brings me great joy that we are 10-2 against those teams the last 4 years.
sudog03

Postby AP » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:10 pm

sudog03 wrote:It brings me great joy that we are 10-2 against those teams the last 4 years.
This is a good post.
AP

Postby 77SU » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:11 pm

The bellhop board is already looking to their game in T-town. We’re not important enough to take up space on their board.
77SU

Postby Cujo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 pm

ETSU is Excited to play us.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby FUBeAR » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Cujo wrote:Here are my rankings:

1. Furman. Furman, Furman, Furman. We are the elite team in the SoCon. We have the best offense. It’s unstoppable. We have the best defense. Me me me. Spoiled little rich kids. These folks are still calculating how they win the SoCon and/or whether they make the playoffs at 6-4 because they are Furman (read “entitled”). They should rename the University, Entitled U. If you’re 6-4, you don’t want to make the playoffs. Seriously, they didn’t get beat this year, it was all circumstances beyond their control. The refs beat them. Their best player had a scratch. The other team had a week off. The team mom forgot the post-game snacks and juice boxes.

2. Wofford. Finally a sign of reason showed up on their board today—“Were our expectations too high this year”? A moment of rational self-reflection? At least they realize that they are “high” on something. They labeled their defense elite (while labeling Samford’s as poor). Not sure they noticed, but our D line dominated them. They are wondering why they didn’t run the FB more (cheap shot FB), but if you watch the game and know anything about football, Samford took that away from them. They didn’t run it because it wasn’t there. They had an average SoCon Wofford team. They were good, but great? . . . delusional.

3. Mercer—Only because an ex-Furman fan is pulling for Mercer. He escaped during the Obama years, I guess. Furman lite over there in Halloween candy land. Take away that poster you and might think things would get more rational, but . . . there aren’t any other Mercer posters. This guy makes the Black Knight in the Holy Grail look like a quitter. Almost makes you think, given his wizardry with numbers, that Mercer is paying this guy. Seriously without him, they have a smaller following than ClarkAtlanta on the message boards.
Nice work...Black Knight line had me LOL!

NOT an EX-Furman fan though. Still VERY MUCH a Furman Fan...and I’m entitled to appropriate acknowledgement of that. Had to take 2012-2015 off for Family Leave, to which I am entitled, but took up the purple banner again in 2016 & as I raised the current Head Coach of the Paladins from near a pup, it’s a Family thing there now too.

BTW - you may be right about FU’s current student body being spoiled little rich kids, but I sent my cub & cubbette to private school for their Middle School years (only) with a bunch of REALLY spoiled rich kids, who pretty much graduated from there and enrolled en masse at Samford. So...if FU is the pot, hello kettle!

BTW2 - FU’s Team Mom has NEVER forgotten the orange slices & juice boxes. NEVER!

BTW3 - I like you Sammy peeps. Woffy folks are way too PRICKly for my taste...and the preppiest bunch of posers I’ve ever seen. Way more old-Southern Country Club entitled than FU’s peeps. Ain’t a male non-athlete on that campus that ain’t named Worth, Trip, or Spalding.

BTW4 - if you don’t like the kids and the peeps at Mercer, you are a Communist Nazi Fascist Elitist. Just a bunch of nice overachieving, unpretentious kids and adults. Think of Samford’s kids without the Bama Bangs and sans the Ole Miss-envy.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 am

Lol. I fired up a bunch of doctor and lawyer kids from Vestavia before a soccer game against mountian brook by talking about the rich kids from mountain brook. The old pitting of the haves v the have nots. I didn’t lie, they were rich kids and maybe even richer than the rich kids on my team. We won.

We enjoy having you over here. You enhance our board.
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound