Consider this worthy cause

Re: Consider this worthy cause

Postby Two Rings » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Uh, does anyone know the behind the scenes political maneuvering by T.B. that made the non - call even a possibility?
Yes the ol' keep it down home cuz quote. I can remember walking in the staff mtg. room that Sunday for our staff mtg. and Terry was reading the printed transcripts from the Eric Ramsey secret recordings. Terry stated he wished he'd known of the quote so at the end of the game when he went to shake Coach Blakeney's hand he would've said, "keep it down home cuz!"
S.U. Dog you stated that you stormed the field, at the time the track and the field were both ringed by fences; who helped you climb over them?
Two Rings

Postby funkychicken » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Two Rings wrote:S.U. Dog you stated that you stormed the field, at the time the track and the field were both ringed by fences; who helped you climb over them?

He was so excited he jumped over anything on his way to the field!

FC
Jax State MBB NCAA 17 CBI 18
1AA/FCS Playoffs: 2003, 04, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
D2 Football National Champs 1992
D2 Baseball World Series Champs 1990, 1991
D2 Men's Basketball National Champs 1985
D2 Women's Gymnastics National Champs 1984, 1985
funkychicken

Postby Cujo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:55 pm

He vaulted the fence. That’s a fact.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Two Rings » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:46 pm

The line judge was Larry Daniel who Terry bought all our football equipment from. To this day Hunter swears he didn't double clutch the ball. He vaulted the fence, with what a pogo stick?
Two Rings

Postby Cujo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Literally, he placed two hands on the fence and did a two footed nimble spring over the fence. He was a lot younger back then.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm

And Bro.Tom Cleveland, who I think was the team Chaplain, gave me a sideline pass(or let me use his) for the few seconds left. I would make even the away trips back then, and Terry would sometimes ask me to sit in on team meetings. What great memories of times when you didn't worry about the outcome, you just wondered how badly Samford would beat the opponent.

One more thing I will mention on this journey to yesteryear, even though it has recently been discussed - The late (Coach) Bob Stinchcomb was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I was usually by myself on those away trips, and he would always go out of his way to accommodate me.

I could rattle on for hours about those days. Thanks to some of you for rekindling old memories on this thread.
SU DOG

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound