QB Devlin Hodges

QB Devlin Hodges

Postby SU DOG » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 pm

While I know we have one game left, I think the time is right to mention one ray of sunshine in the midst of this inexplicable and inexcusable season. On College Gameday Saturday, Devlin Hodges was mentioned. In recent weeks, Devlin has been interviewed on satellite radio, on the FCS program in Fargo ND, on many outlets across the country, and scads of local media. Of course in every case, Samford University is also mentioned. How much money would Samford need to invest to get this much publicity and recognition?

To think we will ever see another Devlin at QB here is probably unrealistic. He will always point out his receivers and O-Line, and give them credit. Still, the SoCon passing records he has set may, or may not, ever be broken. If they are broken it may be FAR into the future. I don't know when, but someday Devlin Hodges will fittingly stand alongside Billy Bancroft, Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, and other greats in the Samford Sports Hall of Fame.
SU DOG

Re: QB Devlin Hodges

Postby Livinthelife » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Well said. Does anyone know Duck’s career passing yardage to date and will he be able to beat McNair’s long-held record this coming w/e at ETSU ?
Livinthelife

Postby AP » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Best player in program history.
AP

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:33 pm

+1.

Great attitude, always humble, always team player. I hope he goes far. I mean I’m really pulling for this young man to knock it out of the park and realize all his professional dreams. Short term, I hope he breaks that damn record this weekend. That will make the season for me.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby 77SU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Livinthelife wrote:Well said. Does anyone know Duck’s career passing yardage to date and will he be able to beat McNair’s long-held record this coming w/e at ETSU ?

Based on the ranking before the el cid game,#8 needed 720 yards to tie. According to the SU box score, #8 passed for 404 yards. That would mean 316 yards to tie and 317 yards to beat McNair’s record.
77SU

Postby Livinthelife » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Thanks 77; looks like a cinch for him then. Everything said here is so true - what a guy !
Luckily, I’ll be there this w/e in my tattered blue Mortimer Jordan hat.
Livinthelife

Postby FUBeAR » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm

While FUBeAR doesn’t speak for all SoCon Fans (as surprising as that may be), I’m fairly confident all of us are pulling for him to throw for 317+ on Saturday. I bet even the ETSU peeps agree, as long as those 317+ are in a losing effort.

So, we’re ALL pulling for Mr. Delvecchio Hingerers to BREAK THAT RECORD on Saturday...and will be VERY glad to see him move on to the next chapter.

PS - I miss Dixie. Any chance she’ll swing by for a parting post or 3?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby dixiechs88 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:45 am

Thanks so much for all you guys kind words about Devlin. I havent posted much this season- i have had too much/other things going on to be yapping, and i admit to holding my breath alot this season. It surely didnt turn out how we all wanted, but i can say with certainty, there are a group of seniors and others who are much more disappointed in the results than we could ever be. However, at the end of the day, its just a game, and there are things far more important in the scheme of life. I will be hoping for Devlin to throw 317 Saturday as well, but as a biased mommy, i am proud of him irregardless. He has loved his time at Samford, and i am certain he would choose here again, over the other schools that offered him, if he had to do it again. he loves this game and i know he will always wish he could have done more, specifically, brought home a Socon championship. Maybe, if things go well, the future might see Samford U called out for a superbowl quarterback..who knows?!
if anyone is making the trip to ETSU, we will be there, hoping for 317 and an upset!

ps. we will be at UNA games next year..yall adopt it and come see me and Butkuss in purple!
dixiechs88

Postby sudog03 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:45 am

dixiechs88 wrote:Thanks so much for all you guys kind words about Devlin. I havent posted much this season- i have had too much/other things going on to be yapping, and i admit to holding my breath alot this season. It surely didnt turn out how we all wanted, but i can say with certainty, there are a group of seniors and others who are much more disappointed in the results than we could ever be. However, at the end of the day, its just a game, and there are things far more important in the scheme of life. I will be hoping for Devlin to throw 317 Saturday as well, but as a biased mommy, i am proud of him irregardless. He has loved his time at Samford, and i am certain he would choose here again, over the other schools that offered him, if he had to do it again. he loves this game and i know he will always wish he could have done more, specifically, brought home a Socon championship. Maybe, if things go well, the future might see Samford U called out for a superbowl quarterback..who knows?!
if anyone is making the trip to ETSU, we will be there, hoping for 317 and an upset!

ps. we will be at UNA games next year..yall adopt it and come see me and Butkuss in purple!

Post of the year.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Good post, Dixie. Don't be a stranger.
BOE.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound