Hatcher Presser

Hatcher Presser

Postby SU DOG » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Coach seems to think that a winning(6-5) record would be a nice accomplishment for this season. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvsmPjK ... e=youtu.be
SU DOG

Re: Hatcher Presser

Postby Cujo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Either that explains a lot or it’s lipstick on a pig. I don’t like bs. I’d be like “this is an important game for us. We have not had the season we want and that’s on me. But, the difference between a losing season and a winning season hinges on the game. We have something to prove. We are better than our record and I know we want to make a statement. We want Devlin to set a record in a winning effort. He deserves it and this team deserves it. We are hungry and we have one last chance to eat. I know a lot of teams in the SoCon are pulling for us. These seniors want and deserve to go out winners.”
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby 77SU » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:52 pm

SU DOG wrote:Coach seems to think that a winning(6-5) record would be a nice accomplishment for this season. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvsmPjK ... e=youtu.be

Not listening to the presser, but sounds defeatist. Not what anyone would expect from a coach. Hope he doesn’t take the team down with him.
77SU

Postby ChampDog2013 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Just don't know what happened this year-- too high of expectations? Too much Social Media involvement? Players not focused? I was really looking forward to another Samford team getting a ring.

Thank you, next.
ChampDog2013

Postby Smurf » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 pm

I think the expectations were realistic. Quite often expectations are overinflated because what we want is greater than what is realistic and reality is a tougher pill to swallow than hope. This year we were picked ninth in the country to start the season and were the consensus pick to win the league. By any measure, this team underachieved.

I don't know if social media gets in the way of an on field performance, but there was some chest thumping coming from the football Twitter account before the season started about being picked to win the league, etc. I was not all that comfortable with that. Win the league first and then you can chest thump. In reality, being picked to win the league in early August doesn't mean diddly poo. Retrospectively those tweets look kinda foolish now. We obviously couldn't back it up.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Those tweets looked stupid then. It is Samford being Samford. There is a way to take advantage of expectations without looking presumptious. We looked presumptious. I hated them then and, quite frankly, I wasn’t quiet about it. Doomed the season.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound