Samford @ Ohio State

Samford @ Ohio State

Postby SU DOG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:52 am

The bookies don't have much confidence is us to even be competitive. THE Ohio State University Buckeyes are favored by 23.5 points. I don't know if we can win up there, but that sure seems way too much of a spread. Oh well, they had Cleveland State to beat us by 2. ;)
SU DOG

Re: Samford @ Ohio State

Postby SU DOG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:10 am

Anybody else catch the just concluded AZ vs Iowa State game in the Maui Invitational? Justin Coleman had 18 points including a couple of circus shots. When the game was on the line in the last few minutes he scored 9 points in a row, and was the featured(unofficial MVP) player with lots of camera time. Samford was mentioned, but nothing particularly good or bad. Listening to Bill Walton, IMO, is really a tough chore. He might just be a little bit off.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:27 pm

They are very good. Hope we can keep it close until halftime and have a shot in the 2nd half.
sudog03

Postby 77SU » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:19 pm

SU DOG wrote: Listening to Bill Walton, IMO, is really a tough chore. He might just be a little bit off.

He is difficult to listen to sometimes, but I think it’s because he is almost brilliant and his brain just works overtime, jumping from one subject to another. The only basketball commentator that beats Walton is Bobby Knight for analyzing a game.
77SU

Postby SU DOG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm

77SU wrote:
SU DOG wrote: Listening to Bill Walton, IMO, is really a tough chore. He might just be a little bit off.

He is difficult to listen to sometimes, but I think it’s because he is almost brilliant and his brain just works overtime, jumping from one subject to another. The only basketball commentator that beats Walton is Bobby Knight for analyzing a game.

I totally disagree, from experience I think Mrs. 77SU beats either of them.
SU DOG

Postby Smurf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 pm

And for reasons that continue to confound me, there is, of course, no SU radio broadcast.

I saw Blake Gardner at the VMI football game this year, but what is his role now exactly? Is he still officially employed at SU? The guy is darn good. He needs to be behind the mic.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby 77SU » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Smurf wrote:And for reasons that continue to confound me, there is, of course, no SU radio broadcast.

I saw Blake Gardner at the VMI football game this year, but what is his role now exactly? Is he still officially employed at SU? The guy is darn good. He needs to be behind the mic.

WVSU no longer exists. Station is part of the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame and has new call sign. All MBB and WBB games are broadcast on ESPN+, except for the occasional ESPN3.

The one home MBB game I have been able to attend, I thought Curt Bloom and Boyd Kaiser were the two announcers for the +. Checked his Twitter and LinkedIn pages and appears he is still an SU play-by-play announcer.
77SU

Postby Smurf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Gardner is good...really good. I don't know what the story is, but the play-by-play is exponentially better when he is behind the mic.

I guess what I don't understand though is that in spite of the station changes, why not just stream the feed as an online only through a site like TuneIn?

SU wants to (and of course desperately needs to) promote interest in the program but then doesn't have a bona fide radio broadcast but then charges fans to watch these games online. Heck, in cases like tonight, you would need to subscribe to the Big Ten Network just to follow the game. This is not a business model that appears to be catering to the fans. And during football season of course, forget any sort of pregame prep or post game wrap. Just before kickoff the broadcast begins, and as soon as the game is over, the video broadcast ends.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby big_dog1968 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 pm

77SU wrote:
Smurf wrote:And for reasons that continue to confound me, there is, of course, no SU radio broadcast.

WVSU no longer exists. Station is part of the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame and has new call sign. All MBB and WBB games are broadcast on ESPN+, except for the occasional ESPN3.

The one home MBB game I have been able to attend, I thought Curt Bloom and Boyd Kaiser were the two announcers for the +. Checked his Twitter and LinkedIn pages and appears he is still an SU play-by-play announcer.

I can't find tonight's game there. Isn't B10 network shouted with ESPN? How do we watch without paying (more) .
big_dog1968

Postby big_dog1968 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:50 am

Unbelievable. We're ahead at the half and they're is no way to watch or listen, unless willing to pay $10 to stream one game. Ticked. Anyone with any info to 'share' can pm me. It would be appreciated.
big_dog1968

Next

Return to The Dog Pound