Basketball

Basketball

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 am

If Allen isn’t FOY, someone has a future POY on their roster right now. Imho, he has POY potential by the time he graduates.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Basketball

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:26 am

And we go to 7-1
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 am

Just watched the replay. I love this team. So far this year is an example of addition by subtraction. Every year I have complained about our lack of a true center. Not this year. Guerrero is big and plays like it. He needs to improve his free throws (looked awkward tonight), but really causes teams problems finishing around the basket, when he's defending. That juco Gordon was a great pick up. We have some great freshmen. The guys seem like they have been playing together for years, when most are either new faces or were reserves last year. We'll see how we do against Belmont, but I'm officially excited.
big_dog1968

Postby sudog03 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 pm

You could tell it was our 4th game in a week after a long road trip. Just looked a little sluggish I thought, which is understandable given the circumstances. Going to get a great test Thursday night. Will give us a good idea how we matchup with the top of the SoCon. When you look at their numbers, they are an impressive bunch. It will take an outstanding defensive effort. Looking forward to it, haven't been able to say that much about home non-conference games.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:54 pm

#5 did some really nice things when he got some pt. I’d like to see him get more minutes as the season goes on and take some pressure off the starting 5.

It is an odd thing to say, but watching our half court defense is enjoyable when it is clicking. It is much more suffocating than any press we have ever tried to employ. Sharkey is just a complete pain in the rear to opposing guards. When he got some pt at the end of the game last night, he made the SCSt. point guard look silly a couple of times.

Still, the guy that impresses me the most is 21. So long and athletic on the defensive end and a restless rebounder on both ends. He also has a very deceptive offensive game.
Cujo

Postby Jiggs » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Some impressive play off the bench.
Jiggs

Return to The Dog Pound