SoCon Power Rankings

SoCon Power Rankings

Postby SU DOG » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:28 pm

SU DOG

Re: SoCon Power Rankings

Postby sudog03 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Not really sure I'd have us ahead of Furman. I don't think getting blasted at ETSU is anything to be ashamed about, especially since they got their 7 foot transfer from Oklahoma State eligible at semester end. Looking forward to Thursday night, we will learn alot more about our team.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Not sure that anybody in the SoCon can beat ETSU there, so I don't really know how much that game will tell us. A close loss there might even be somewhat encouraging. A loss at Western would be very disappointing.

As for Furman, I am already on record that I think they have been overrated. They were taken to (2)OT at home by Western, and I have seen most of their games this year. Their early upsets were great and good for the conference, but right now I think we are a better team than FU. Of course, we have to avoid foul trouble and play up to our potential. If so, we double digit beat them at the PHC - just IMO, and others can disagree.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:17 pm

Agreed, they were never Top 25. I didn't mean W/L Thursday night, just interested to see how we compete. For me, foul trouble aside, we are too careless with the basketball to beat good teams right now. Did it in 2nd half against G and in the first half against VMI. I'm excited that are where we are right now, but frankly, we have yet to beat a good team. 2 Division 1 wins against opponents with winning records. Now, no bad losses either, just need to take the next step in beating a good team. But yeah, eventually we are going to have transition from being pleased with close losses to winning those league games. We let UNC-G off the hook.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:02 am

If we finish in the top four, I’ll be ecstatic. This is the best team we have had since Tillette coached teams in the old Seibert. We need to get a pipe line to Spain and get some more 7 foot centers and pick up a guard like the guy at UNcg.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Cujo wrote:If we finish in the top four, I’ll be ecstatic. This is the best team we have had since Tillette coached teams in the old Seibert. We need to get a pipe line to Spain and get some more 7 foot centers and pick up a guard like the guy at UNcg.

You can see the benefit he has from all those years of national comp in Europe. But we have always seemed to be short (no pun) on big men. This year we have a really good one. Other programs in our league manage to get more than one. Hopefully Dye will develop into a solid big, but we need to have more than one, particularly with Guerrero's length and agility.
big_dog1968

Postby Smurf » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Cujo wrote:If we finish in the top four, I’ll be ecstatic. This is the best team we have had since Tillette coached teams in the old Seibert. We need to get a pipe line to Spain and get some more 7 foot centers and pick up a guard like the guy at UNcg.

And we need to establish a culture where kids are not bolting for other programs after they begin to break out here. Hopefully that is happening now.
BOE.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound