Good luck tonight Devlin

Good luck tonight Devlin

Postby Cujo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:03 am

FCS offensive player of the year in hand. Now let’s see if he brings home the Payton.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Good luck tonight Devlin

Postby Cujo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:33 am

He won!!!!
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:57 am

Does he get a t-shirt made about it?
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:59 am

SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:30 am

After reading the self-Centered, ass-faced Bison fans bitch about Devlin winning, I’m pulling for whoever plays them tomorrow. Buck the Fison.
Cujo

Postby funkychicken » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Congratulations to Devlin on the award. Well Done!

FC
Jax State MBB NCAA 17 CBI 18
1AA/FCS Playoffs: 2003, 04, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
D2 Football National Champs 1992
D2 Baseball World Series Champs 1990, 1991
D2 Men's Basketball National Champs 1985
D2 Women's Gymnastics National Champs 1984, 1985
funkychicken

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Cujo wrote:After reading the self-Centered, ass-faced Bison fans bitch about Devlin winning, I’m pulling for whoever plays them tomorrow. Buck the Fison.

Repost of FUBeAR’s comment on the AGS thread about Mr. Hodges receiving this great honor...

Congratulations to Devlin Hodges on becoming the 7th Walter Payton Award winner from the SoCon in the 32 years of its presentation.

Though the award is presented annually to the most outstanding offensive player in the Division 1 Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) of college football, those of us who watched Mr. Hodges play week in & week out for 4 years well know the extremely high level of contributions he provided to his Team that will never show up on a stat sheet. Mr. Hodges has been a tough & fierce competitor & leader throughout his career at Samford. He was not only feared as a pinpoint passer, who could throw the ball through a keyhole 40 yards away, but was always a threat to run the ball with elusiveness and/or power. While he played on Teams at Samford with a virtually non-existent ability to run the football (even though they did try) & mediocre and/or, at best, very inconsistent Defenses, he led them to 27 victories, including 2 very-near upsets of P5 FBS SEC & ACC Teams. One has to wonder even how much more successful he could have been, both individually & as a Team member, if he had the great fortune of playing on a Team with the #5 ranked Defense & #7 ranked Rushing Offense in FCS Football. We’ll never know, but for those of us who had the privilege of frequently watching him play over the past 4 years, we know he is most certainly a Player deserving of this great honor.

As a member of & a leader on many less-than-successful Teams, I’m sure Mr. Payton is happily smiling down on Kimberly Alabama this morning.

Sorry for the (albeit true) shade thrown on Sammy’s running game & defenses; necessary to support the rest of the statement.

Congrats to Mr. Hodges, Dixie & Family, and to Samford Football!

We Furman Fans were getting a bit tired of being the only current SoCon Team with a Payton Award winner. Welcome to the ‘club.’ :D
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby sudog03 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Dude broke a record that one of the best players in FCS history set almost 25 years ago. It had nothing to do with what someone thought about our running game, defense or if our season was disappointing.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:51 pm

I thought I had a good response to the buffalo chips on AGS, but FUBeAR came through and hit it on the nose. Thank you sir.
SU DOG

Postby smalltownbulldog » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Absolute crime that unless someone backs out last minute he is not going to the senior bowl. I could easily see him having a better NFL career than any of the QBs currently on the SR Bowl roster
smalltownbulldog

Next

Return to The Dog Pound