WBB Today

WBB Today

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Can our ladies finally beat UTC? The Mocs have bested us in the last 6 straight games. Coach Morris has made some lineup changes that are paying off for these Bulldogs. Point guard Charity Brown is back from an injury, and that has helped. Also, the emergence of Ta' Naisha Hill is welcomed as she has been moved into the starting lineup, and had 21 against ETSU Thursday Night. Hill is a RS Jr. from Huntsville and probably has the best bio of any of our players. She was the #2 player in the state coming out of Huntsville High, and was even a McDonald's AA nominee. Natalie Armstrong is a force inside and can score with either hand and is a shot blocker on defense. This true Soph. has become one of the best centers in the SoCon.

Our conference record is now 2-2. Both losses have been on the road, a one point heartbreaker at UNCG and an OT loss at #1 Mercer. The girls have beaten Western by 33 up there and ETSU by 21 here. IMO, this does not look like the same team that was so bad earlier in the season.
Good enough to finally beat the Mocs? They will be a much bigger test than ETSU was, and we just have a history of not playing well against UTC(remind you of any other sports?) :oops: TODAY 2 o'clock at the PHC. Those in this area - hope to see you there.
SU DOG

Re: WBB Today

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:04 pm

And then hurry back home to see our MBB team play at Furman at 3:30. For me, I think the OVC had a far better idea in the double-header format for the Men's & Women's games. I'm glad that until I get back home I can listen to WVSU and hear our broadcast....OH WAIT :evil: :evil: :evil:
SU DOG

Postby 77SU » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:55 pm

We’re in our seats. Chatt fans may outnumber SU fans. At least the pep band is back.
77SU

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:24 pm

And the curse continues.
SU DOG

Postby 77SU » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:32 pm

SU DOG wrote:And then hurry back home to see our MBB team play at Furman at 3:30. For me, I think the OVC had a far better idea in the double-header format for the Men's & Women's games. I'm glad that until I get back home I can listen to WVSU and hear our broadcast....OH WAIT :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last night I was checking Facebook and the Howard College of Arts and Sciences had shared a link inviting students to sign up for internships at WBHM. So instead of having a station to get experience on campus, we are telling our students to apply for internships at UAB.
77SU

Postby Smurf » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

There has been serious regression in the area of media/sports broadcasting in the last couple of years or so. I am very disappointed with some of these recent changes.
BOE.
Smurf

Return to The Dog Pound