2. WCU 151
3. UTC 171
4. Furman 173
5. Wofford 183
6. SAMFORD 207
7. ETSU 211
8. The Cit. 212
9. VMI NA

These rankings are based on players that 247Sports rates as a 2** or better player. We only have 2 of those. Toney is a 3*** and Vice is a 2**. VMI had none, so they received the NA distinction. What if 247 had counted our 3*** xfer? If other SoCon teams had no xfers to count, then we would be just ahead of Furman and just behind UTC.
Nothing here to actually reflect the talent of our signees IMO. A better way would be to look at the offers(actual offers NOT just interest) given to a player by different teams. For example LB Trimarcus Cheeks had several FBS offers including Pittsburgh, and was only a listed(1*) 247 player and added nothing to our ranking.
No lost sleep over this list.
SU DOG

Re: Ranking the SoCon Recruiting

Postby Cujo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 pm

If FUBear is ranking and Mercer wins, the rankings are already suspect. #RussianCollusion. #FakeNews. #AbsurdelySmallHands4AMan
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Ranking the SoCon Recruiting

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Cujo wrote:If FUBear is ranking and Mercer wins, the rankings are already suspect. #RussianCollusion. #FakeNews. #AbsurdelySmallHands4AMan

If FUBeAR was doing the rankings, do you think Furman would be @ #4? C’mon...I’m no Will Healy, but if I was trying to rig the rankings, I’d do better than that!

#WifeMayBeRussianWeGonna23&MeHerToFindOut #CouldPalmABasketballIn7thGrade&DunkIn10th
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Return to The Dog Pound