Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Postby Cujo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Predictions:

How do our men and wowen do? What round do we exit?

Who wins the tournament?

Anyone want to do a bracket challenge?

How many players transfer at years end? (Note, 0 is an option).

Tiebreaker: who leaves if anyone?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Postby SU DOG » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:36 pm

Unfortunately, and hope I'm wrong:

Women - First round, Men - Second round. :cry:

Men - Wofford, Women - Mercer

0 BUT Fitzgerald is a possibility.
SU DOG

Postby 77SU » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 am

Just to be different:
Both teams lose in first round.

UNCG beats Wofford to get MBB auto bid and Wofford gets at-large bid. _urman gets NIT bid.

Mercer WBB gets auto bid by beating _urman.

2 transfers
Fitzgerald and Dye
77SU

Postby big_dog1968 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:30 am

Cujo wrote:
Anyone want to do a bracket challenge?

YES. Let's do a divorce tournament pickem. Sounds fun.
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:35 am

68, I don’t get it.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:02 am

Cujo wrote:68, I don’t get it.

:lol: :lol:
I was posting from my phone and auto-correct got me. Meant that I was in favor of a tournament bracket contest. I thought your original post was suggesting it.

Cujo wrote:Anyone want to do a bracket challenge?
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 am

I’m in. I’ll post my picks later.
Cujo

Postby smalltownbulldog » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 pm

I’ll bite. Women’s tournament will go straight chalk, Mercer rolls. SU keeps it close but gets put out first round. Men’s tourney will be very competitive, all games. I’ll be the optimist and say we upset G on Saturday and play with Furman for a half, get distanced in the second half. Caveat is if someone starts a thread or makes a post along the lines of “hey we could win this thing” at any point- this triggers an immediate loss and end of season. Wofford wins a competitive championship game on Monday. Terriers will still get no respect from seeding committee, will end up as a 13 playing Florida State in Jacksonville.
smalltownbulldog

Postby Cujo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:47 pm

[quote="smalltownbulldogCaveat is if someone starts a thread or makes a post along the lines of “hey we could win this thing” at any point- this triggers an immediate loss and end of season..[/quote]

LOL--You have been around here for a while and know how it goes.
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Wofford's gonna make it in with a pretty solid seed. Their KenPom is 20. Bracketology sites have them around sevenish. I don't know that they are truly a seventh seed, but the proof will be in the pudding.

The best scenario (outside of SU pulling a massive rabbit out of their hat) would be for Wofford to lose in the finals to Furman (who seems to be receiving more at large attention than is deserved). This scenario would mean the SoCon would be a two team league for the first time in the history of the conference. Wofford is at least an at large with a trip to the finals. They may not need to even make it that far. Just for kicks I will take Furman in the upset to win on the men's side and the Bars to win on the women's side.

Women lose in the opening round. The men escape with a gutsy win over the Bellhops and then fall to UNCG by about 20 or so.

Just announced...Josh Sharkey earned second team all conference honors and Robert Allen was first time all conference.
BOE.
Smurf

Next

Return to The Dog Pound