Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Re: Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Postby AP » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Smurf wrote:AP, I assume you are referring to Guerrero as the starter we are losing, right?
Yes.
AP

Postby big_dog1968 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:54 pm

SAM1014 wrote:Personally I think Fitzgerald should have redshirted this year. He looked terrible in the games he played and he couldn’t keep up physically. He needed a year or two to improve that before he could’ve contributed to this team.

That's my point. We didn't lose a "rotatatioal" player in him. When he was out there, he had the look of a walk on? I can't imagine any legitimate D1 team that wasn't desperate, playing him any more than we did. If not playing him enough was what did it, then no way you can put this one on the coaches. Now, if they failed to set proper expectations (I suspect this may be a factor), if they failed to coach patience, if once the season started, they put him on the "pay no mind" list, then that could be a factor and must be addressed. This is why a thorough exit interview is crucial. I'm just not as heart broken about a kid who wasn't anywhere within the ballpark, of being close yet, to being a regular contributor, deciding to leave after just a year as I am about a kid like Kevion, who was getting it done off the bench and likely would have seen more time. It's more frustrating than anything else.
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:30 pm

I’m comfortable relying on Thomas. He didn’t get enough PT. He is a player. He delivered every time he saw the floor.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound