Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Re: Opinions/odds on SoCon tournaments

Postby FUBeAR » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Cujo wrote:Just looked like Samford doing what Samford does when it has a chance to do something monumental. They played their hearts out, but UNCG is a good team with players who had the composer and metal to win at crunch time. We played hard, but you have to be composed and you have to have the ability to make plays when the game is on the line.

Think it’s mettle...not being a grammar nazi - just a cool & interesting word. I like words (y’all may have noticed)...

Metal works though, IMO...

not sure medal would...perhaps in track & field.

Meddle...probably not, except for DaddyBall, Soccer Moms, and Stage Mothers

End of Schoolhouse Rock digression....
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:03 pm

sorry. having to dictate my posts (post-surgical repair on my dominate arm--recovery going well).
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:23 pm

big_dog1968 wrote:I think these kids did great considering the exodus of last year. We won't EVER compete for the SoCon title until we stop the cycle of every year exodus. If the returning players, actually return for a change, we'll be very good next year. If we see yet another draining of our best talent, we should consider firing the coach. Recruiting gray players does no good if they don't want to stay. I know that some turnover is part of the deal with D1 basketball these days, but losing your very best players year in, year out, isn't and shouldn't be acceptable.

PS: I kind of hope Woff loses, so we can have two teams in the NCAA. That would be cool.

CBS Sports actually projects the SoCon as a three team league...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/
BOE.
Smurf

Postby 77SU » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:35 pm

The CBS bracketologist Jerry Palm has both UNCG and _urman seeded for the #12 play-in spots in the South and Midwest, respectively. He also has Belmont on the bubble and listed in the First Four Out group.

Sorry Smurf didn’t see your post.

Lunardi is only showing SoCon and ASun as single bids.
77SU

Postby AP » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:53 pm

This needs to be a multi-bid SoCon year. The league deserves at least 2, maybe 3, in the dance.
AP

Postby DC_INT'L » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Cujo wrote:sorry. having to dictate my posts (post-surgical repair on my dominate arm--recovery going well).

Wish I had a dominate arm; would be helpful for athletic endeavors in my old age. :)
DC_INT'L

Postby DC_INT'L » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:10 pm

AP wrote:This needs to be a multi-bid SoCon year. The league deserves at least 2, maybe 3, in the dance.

Would be awesome to get 2. Best path for that to happen is for G to beat Wofford.
Don't see how the bubble math works for us to get 3 ... Furman is 41 in NET and 55 in KenPom; G is 57 in NET / 80 in KenPom.
DC_INT'L

Postby AP » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:33 pm

G needs to beat Wofford for sure. _urman is in a weak spot, but their 4-6 record in Quad1 is better than some others still considered on the bubble. G has as many Q1 wins as, for example, Alabama--even though Alabama had like 9 more opportunities. So I could see a world where G still gets in if things work correctly.
AP

Postby Cujo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:56 pm

I give up
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:13 am

First one out: KevionNolan 6’2 G has decided to transfer from Samford. Lead the conference in three point percentage.
Cujo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound